This Fresh Berry and Mint Spa Water is an easy and healthy recipe made with only 5 clean, real food ingredients. It's the perfect plant-based beverage to stay cool during the summer and can be prepped the night before to enjoy the next day!
Here's Why This Recipe Works
My top 3 favorite reasons:
- Healthier Than Store-Bought Fruit-Flavored Drinks
- Can Be Prepared In Under 5 Minutes
- Made With Clean, Real Food Ingredients
You can feel good about making my healthy, plant-based recipe because it's raw, vegan, gluten-free, paleo-friendly, and Medical Medium compliant.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I Have To Use Organic Produce?
In my opinion, if you can, yes!
You wouldn't want to use non-organic fruit that's been sprayed with pesticides soaking in water that you are going to drink.
What's Wrong With Using Tap Water?
The quality of water I use is so important to me, I have a 4-gallon Berkey water filter that I use to make sure the water I drink and cook with is clean and pure.
I use it for everything water-related such as:
- drinking water
- coffee (husband!)
- to make nut milk
- boiling pasta water
- to clean produce
- soaking nuts + seeds
- essential oil diffuser
- pet water bowl
- coffee enemas
- any other reason you would need clean water
There are several toxins that are present in tap water that you want to avoid, especially if you are trying to follow a non-toxic lifestyle.
Can't I Just Buy Fruit-Flavored Water From The Store?
I do not recommend doing this as a healthy option because of the ingredients that are commonly used.
Here's the ingredient list for a popular store-bought berry flavored water beverage:
- S.A.D. (Standard American Diet) Propel Electrolyte Water Beverage Berry Ingredients: Water, Citric Acid, Sodium Hexametaphosphate (To Protect Flavor), Natural Flavor, Salt, Potassium Sorbate (Preserves Freshness), Potassium Citrate, Sodium Citrate, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamix C), Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium, Calcium Disodium EDTA (To Protect Flavor), Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamix B5), Niacinamide (Vitamix B3), Vitamin E Acetate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6).
You don't know the source of the water that's being used and there are no real fruit ingredients - just "natural flavors". In addition, it contains multiple preservatives and synthetic vitamins.
My recipe contains real fruit and you can control the quality of water and berries that are used.
Want More Healthy Plant-Based Juice Recipes?
Check out these:
- Beet and Celery Juice
- Carrot Apple and Celery Juice
- Healthy Non-Alcoholic Bloody Mary
- or my CLEAN EATING Cookbook with over 75+ plant-based recipes made with clean, real food ingredients just like this one that you will love!
Did You Make This Recipe?
I'd love to hear about it! Please give it a rating and leave a comment below...it would make my day! 🙂
Fresh Berry and Mint Spa Water
- 12 ounces water (filtered/purified)
- 1/4 cup organic blueberries
- 1/4 cup organic blackberries
- 1/4 cup organic raspberries
- 1-2 leaves organic fresh mint
- Add all ingredients to a glass container (I like to use a mason jar or a glass water bottle), cover it, and leave it in the refrigerator overnight. It will be ready to enjoy the next day.
- You can refill your glass throughout the day with more filtered/purified water and when through, you'll have a glass of berries to enjoy!
Hi, I'm Karielyn! I'm the published cookbook author of CLEAN DESSERTS and content creator of The Healthy Family and Home website since 2012. I specialize in creating easy, healthy plant-based recipes that are gluten-free + vegan and made with clean, real food ingredients that you can feel good about eating.