This Roasted Cauliflower with Chipotle and Lime recipe is a must-have if you are a fan of chipotle, and you might be tempted to give it a try even if you don’t really like cauliflower.
It’s because you can’t really even tell it’s cauliflower with the spicy-smokey seasonings and the tangy flavor from the lime.
This recipe is really simple to make and it works well as a side dish or as an appetizer/snack.
There are so many new recipes using cauliflower now – cauliflower rice, mashed cauliflower, cauliflower pizza crust, cauliflower potato salad, cauliflower buffalo “wings” just to name a few.
Cauliflower is a good, low-carb alternative to white starchy potatoes and it can adapt to different flavor combinations like chipotle-lime.
This easy, healthy recipe is vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, nut-free, lectin-free, alkaline and paleo-friendly.
Want more healthy side dish recipes? Check out Spicy Turmeric Twice Baked Potatoes, Acorn Squash with Walnuts and Dried Apricots, Clean Eating Zucchini Boats with Creamy Garlic Sauce or my Clean Eating Cookbook with an entire chapter of 20 healthy, clean eating snack and side dishes just like this one that you will love!
- 1 cup contains 9.1% DV of potassium
- 1 cup contains 85.9% of vitamin C
- 1 cup contains 8.5% DV of fiber
- excellent anti-oxidant
- contains anti-inflammatory benefits
5 Fast Facts About Avocado Oil:*
- healthier cooking with smoke point of 500 degrees
- may help reduce the risk of metabolic syndrome
- helps maintain healthy blood sugar levels
- provides protection from cardiovascular disease
- good source of vitamin E
5 Fast Facts About Limes:*
- aids in digestion
- fat burner
- contains more vitamin C than a lemon
- anti-oxidant and anti-biotic effects
- extremely alkalizing to the body
5 Fast Facts About Chipotle:*
- can help reduce cholesterol and triglyceride levels
- can help lower the risk of diabetes
- a thermogenic food to help energize metabolism
- can help improve circulation
- rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, iron, magnesium and potassium
5 Fast Facts About Himalayan Pink Salt:*
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable pH balance in cells
- controls water levels in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Tip #1: I’ve used both frozen and fresh cauliflower and although frozen works, the fresh seems to come out better.
Tip #2: I like chipotle ~alot~ so if you don’t like too much spicy, just start with 1/2 tablespoon and add more if you prefer.
Roasted Cauliflower with Chipotle and Lime
Yield 2 servings
Vegan / Gluten-Free / Dairy-Free / Nut-Free / Soy-Free / Lectin-Free / Alkaline / Paleo-Friendly
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Add all the seasonings (ground chipotle, garlic powder, Himalayan pink salt) to a small bowl and stir until well combined. Set aside.
- Cut the cauliflower into small bite-sized pieces and add to a medium sized bowl.
- Drizzle the avocado oil over the cauliflower pieces and gently toss until the oil is evenly distributed and all the cauliflower pieces are covered.
- Sprinkle the seasoning mixture onto the cauliflower pieces and gently toss, making sure the seasoning is evenly distributed and covering all the cauliflower pieces.
- Transfer the seasoned cauliflower pieces to a baking pan lined with parchment paper and bake at 325 degrees for approximately 60-90 minutes, or until the cauliflower is soft on the inside and slightly crispy on the outside, tossing them halfway through.
- Remove from oven and squeeze the lime juice over the top of the cauliflower pieces.
- Optional: Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro.
- Best when served hot from the oven.
Recipe inspired by and adapted from: https://remcooks.com/2012/02/02/roasted-cauliflower-with-red-chile-cilantro-lime/
Get all your organic ingredients delivered straight to your door at up to 25 - 50% off retail by cutting out the middleman and retail markups with a Thrive Market Membership and save 15% off on your first order.
The recipe adaptation and photographs for "Roasted Cauliflower with Chipotle and Lime" by Karielyn Tillman of The Healthy Family and Home website are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives 4.0 International License and cannot be used without my written permission.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Thank you for your support of this website!