These Gluten-Free Vegan No-Bake Pistachio Sesame Seed Balls are an easy and healthy recipe made with only 5 clean, real food ingredients. They're the perfect plant-based snack or post-workout treat that can be prepared in under 10 minutes!
Here's Why This Recipe Works
My top 3 favorite reasons:
- Made Using Just A Food Processor - No other special equipment needed!
- Can Be Prepared In Under 10 Minutes - Simply process all the ingredients in a food processor then roll them into a ball shape!
- Made With Clean, Real Food Ingredients - Nutrient-dense and healthy ingredients such as pistachios, almond butter, sesame seeds, Medjool dates, and coconut oil.
You can feel good about making my healthy plant-based recipe because it's vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, no-bake, no refined sugar, lectin-free, paleo-friendly, and Medical Medium compliant.
Karielyn's Expert Tips + Ingredient Substitutions
Here are some of my expert tips to make this recipe perfectly:
Almond Butter: This can be substituted with another neutral-flavored nut butter such as cashew butter or sunflower seed butter.
Pistachios: You can use raw pistachios or roasted + salted pistachios. If you use raw pistachios, you may want to add 1-2 pinches of Himalayan pink salt or sea salt.
Medjool Dates: I used this to "bind" the ball mixture, but you could substitute with a thick liquid sweetener such as organic date nectar or organic brown rice syrup.
Coconut Oil: If you don't like the taste or smell of coconut oil, use organic refined coconut oil which has zero coconut taste or smell.
Serving Size: This recipe will make approximately 14 small balls. Nutritional information is calculated for (1) ball which is (1) serving.
Want More Healthy Plant-Based Ball Recipes?
Check out these:
- Cacao Nib Superfood Truffles
- Pistachio and Matcha Truffles
- Vanilla Bean Peanut Butter Protein Balls
- or my CLEAN DESSERTS Cookbook with 72 plant-based no-bake dessert recipes made with clean real food ingredients just like this one that you will love!
Did You Make This Recipe?
I'd love to hear about it! Please give it a rating and leave a comment below...it would make my day! 🙂
Gluten-Free Vegan No-Bake Pistachio Sesame Seed Balls
For the balls:
- 1/2 cup organic almond butter
- 1/2 cup organic pistachios
- 1 cup organic Medjool dates (pitted)
- 1 tablespoon organic coconut oil
For the add-in:
- 1/2 cup organic sesame seeds
- Prepare a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, then set aside.
Prepare the balls:
- Add all ingredients for the balls to a food processor and process until the pistachios are chopped finely and everything is well blended. The mixture should have a wet, crumbly texture.
Add the add-in:
- Remove the blade from the food processor and add the sesame seed add-in to the mixture.
- Stir in by hand until they are well combined and evenly distributed.
- Take out a spoonful at a time, squeeze it in the palm of your hand a couple of times to make the mixture is tight and compact, then roll into a ball shape between the palms of your hands.
- Place the balls onto the prepared cookie sheet then transfer to the refrigerator for approximately 15-30 minutes to firm.
- Store in an air-free BPA-free container in the refrigerator until ready to serve because they will get soft and lose their shape if left out at room temperature.
Hi, I'm Karielyn! I'm the published cookbook author of CLEAN DESSERTS and content creator of The Healthy Family and Home website since 2012. I specialize in creating easy, healthy plant-based recipes that are gluten-free + vegan and made with clean, real food ingredients that you can feel good about eating.