These plant-based Gluten-Free Vegan No-Bake Hemp and Chia Seed Bars are an easy recipe to make using clean, real food ingredients. These nutrient-dense energy bars can be prepared in under 10 minutes and are the perfect healthy snack or breakfast bar!
If you're looking for a no-bake, nutrient-dense snack, this Clean Eating No-Bake Raw Hemp and Chia Seed Bars recipe is just for you!
Here's Why This Recipe Works
My top 3 favorite reasons:
- Nutrient-Dense - These healthy bars are loaded with protein, calcium, healthy fats and fiber, and are perfect for snacks and even as a breakfast bar. They contain all of my favorite nutrient-dense ingredients...hemp seeds, chia seeds, coconut oil, and nut butter.
- Can Be Prepared In Under 10 Minutes - It's an easy recipe to make by simply combining the wet and dry ingredients, all you need to do is mix everything together in a bowl and then let them firm in the freezer before enjoying.
- Plant-Based No-Bake Recipe - No baking or oven needed!
This healthy plant-based recipe is raw, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, soy-free, no-bake, contains no refined sugar, and is Medical Medium® compliant.
How To Make This Recipe: Step-by-Step Instructions
Here is how to make this healthy recipe and I'll show you with step-by-step instructions below.
Before beginning, prepare an 8 x 8 baking dish lined with parchment paper. then set aside.
Step 1: Prepare the Almonds
Firstly, add the almonds to a food processor and process until they are chopped into tiny pieces.
When finished, set them aside.
Step 2: Prepare the Dry Ingredients
Secondly, add all the dry ingredients into a medium-sized mixing bowl.
Stir together until they are well combined and set aside.
Step 3: Prepare the Wet Ingredients
Thirdly, add all the wet ingredients into a separate medium-sized mixing bowl.
Again, stir together until they are well combined.
Step 4: Combine the Dry and Wet Ingredients
Fourthly, combine the dry ingredients into the mixing bowl with the wet ingredients.
It's important to combine these ingredients well. Therefore, use your hands if necessary to make sure the ingredients are evenly distributed.
Next, add in the chopped almonds and stir until they are evenly distributed.
Step 5: Assembly
Fifthly, transfer the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
Spread it evenly and press it down as firm and tight as possible.
Place the baking dish in the freezer for 30-60 minutes to firm.
Step 6: Storage
Lastly, store the bars in an air-tight BPA-free container in the refrigerator or freezer until ready to serve.
The bars will get soft and lose their shape if left out at room temperature.
Karielyn's Expert Tips + Ingredient Substitutions
Here are some of my expert tips to make this recipe perfectly:
Oats. There are different varieties of oats to choose from, but I used organic gluten-free quick-rolled oats.
Maple Syrup. It can be substituted with another liquid sweetener like organic date nectar or organic coconut nectar.
Coconut Oil. If you don't like the flavor or smell of coconut oil, use organic refined coconut oil which has zero coconut flavor or smell.
Almond Butter. Substitute with your favorite organic nut butter.
Serving Sizes. These can be cut into different sizes. For example:
- (8) granola-bar size bars
- (16) regular-size squares
- (32) bite-size squares
I used (1) regular-sized bar as (1) serving for the nutritional calculation.
Storage. The bars will get soft if left out at room temperature. Store them in an air-tight BPA-free container in the refrigerator or freezer until ready to serve.
Want More Healthy Plant-Based No-Bake Dessert Recipes?
Check out these:
- No-Bake Caramel Apple Bars
- Healthy Peanut Butter Cups
- Pecan Pie Bars
- or my CLEAN DESSERTS Cookbook with 72 plant-based no-bake dessert recipes made with clean, real food ingredients just like this one that you will love!
Did You Make This Recipe?
I'd love to hear about it! Please give it a rating and leave a comment below...it would make my day!
Gluten-Free Vegan No-Bake Hemp and Chia Seed Bars
- 3/4 cup organic almonds (chopped)
- 3 1/2 cups organic gluten-free quick rolled oats
- 1/2 cup organic hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup organic chia seeds
- 1/4 cup organic ground flax seeds
- 1/2 cup organic maple syrup
- 1/2 cup organic applesauce
- 3/4 cup organic almond butter
- 1/2 cup organic coconut oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons organic pure vanilla extract
- Prepare an 8 x 8 baking dish lined with parchment paper, then set aside.
Prepare the almonds:
- Add the almonds to a food processor and process until they are chopped into tiny pieces, taking care to not to over-process, then set aside.
Prepare the bars:
- Add all the dry ingredients to a medium-sized bowl and stir until well combined, then set aside.
- Add all the wet ingredients to a separate medium-sized bowl and stir until well combined.
- Combine the dry ingredients into the bowl of wet ingredients and stir until well combined. You may need to use your hands to mix to make sure all the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Add in the chopped almonds and stir until they are evenly distributed into the bar mixture.
- Transfer the bar mixture to the prepared baking dish.
- Spread the bar mixture evenly and press it down very firmly and tight into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Place the baking dish in the freezer for about 30-60 minutes, or until the mixture is firm.
- Cut into (8) bars, (16) regular-size squares or (32) bite-size squares.
- Store in the refrigerator in an air-tight BPA-free container until ready to serve because they will get soft if left out at room temperature.
- (6) granola-bar size bars
- (16) regular-size squares
- (32) bite-size squares
Hi, I'm Karielyn! I'm the published cookbook author of CLEAN DESSERTS and content creator of The Healthy Family and Home website since 2012. I specialize in creating easy, healthy plant-based recipes that are gluten-free + vegan (with a heavy focus on Medical Medium® compliant) and made with clean, real food ingredients that you can feel good about eating.