Clean Eating Spicy Chickpea and Tomato Soup…clean eating recipe made with clean, real food ingredients and it’s vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free and ready in less than 15 minutes.
This Clean Eating Spicy Chickpea and Tomato Soup is so quick and easy to make you probably won’t believe it.
It can be ready in less than 15 minutes and you have a warm, cozy winter soup perfect for Meatless Monday’s or any other evening you need an easy dinner.
If you like the warm aroma of cumin and garam masala and a little bit of spicy from jalapenos, you will fall in love with this soup.
And, it’s also a good source of vegan protein from the chickpeas with 12 grams per serving.
Want more healthy soup recipes? Check out Creamy Red Lentil with Kale Soup, Cream of Mushroom Soup, Vegan Stuffed Pepper Soup or my Clean Eating eCookbook with an entire chapter of 20 healthy, clean eating meal and entree recipes you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Chickpeas:*
- excellent source of fiber
- good source of protein
- can help lower cholesterol
- provides better regulation of blood sugar
- can help decrease cardiovascular risks
5 Fast Facts About Tomatoes:*
- contains lycopenes which are cancer fighting agents
- high in beta-carotene
- excellent anti-oxidant
- high in vitamin A and K
- high in chromium which helps control blood sugar levels
5 Fast Facts About Onions:*
- rich source of sulfur compounds
- excellent for cardiovascular health
- inhibits bone loss in women
- reduced blood pressure
- lowers blood cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Jalapenos:*
- excellent antioxidant
- thermogenic food
- anti-inflammatory agent
- high in vitamins A and C
- contains anti-bacterial properties
5 Fast Facts About Ginger:*
- excellent for gastrointestinal relief
- anti-inflammatory benefits
- promotes immune boosting
- increases blood flow and relaxes peripheral blood vessels
- anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, anti-viral
5 Fast Facts About Cumin:*
- high in anti-oxidants
- aids in digestion
- 1 tablespoon contains 20% dv of iron
- 1 tablespoon contains 6% RDV of magnesium
- can help lower cholesterol and triglycerides
5 Fast Facts About Turmeric:*
- antibacterial and a natural antiseptic
- excellent for liver detoxification
- contains anti-inflammatory properties
- powerful anti-oxidant and it can inhibits cancer cell growth
- 2 teaspoons contain 17% DV of manganese
5 Fast Facts About Cilantro:*
- contains powerful anti-oxidants
- helps to remove toxins and heavy metals
- promotes healthy liver function
- helps to control blood sugar
5 Fast Facts About Himalayan Pink Salt:*
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable pH balance in cells
- controls water levels in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Where To Buy: If you have trouble finding any of the ingredients to make this recipe, you can order online from Amazon and have them delivered straight to your door!
Tip #1: Feel free to adjust the seasonings to your preference, or to double the recipe if you need more than 2 servings.
Tip #2: Sometimes I like to mash the chickpeas to give it a thicker consistency, but that’s another option if you’d like to try it that way.
Tip #3: The chickpeas I used were “unsalted”, so if you use a salted variety, you may need to adjust the amount of Himalayan salt.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission.
Amazon Disclosure: “The Healthy Family and Home” website is a participant in the Amazon Services, LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.