This Vegan Spirulina and Hemp Protein Smoothie is a super fast and easy, nutrient-dense smoothie recipe to start your day off right!
It will give you the plant-based protein and fiber as a base to your smoothie, a fruit serving as a natural sweetener and three superfoods: hemp, spirulina and maca powder.
The reason I love to use Nutivia Hemp Protein + Hi Fiber is because the only ingredient is 100% organic hemp protein which gives you 11 grams of plant-based protein and 12 grams of fiber in one serving. With only 1 ingredient!
This healthy smoothie recipe is made with clean, real food ingredients and is raw, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, lectin-free, paleo-friendly and contains no refined sugar.
Want more healthy smoothie recipes? Check out Cacao and Pear Protein Smoothie, Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie, Wild Blueberry and Mango Protein Smoothie or my Clean Eating Cookbook with an entire chapter of 20 healthy, clean eating smoothie recipes just like this one that you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Spirulina:*
- boosts immune system
- normalizes cholesterol
- rich protein content (by weight contains all essential amino acids)
- same calcium, phosphorus and magnesium content as milk
- 4 x as much B12 as raw liver
5 Fast Facts About Maca:*
- increases stamina
- beneficial to the circulatory
- can regulate hormonal imbalances
- acts as an anticarcenogen and antioxidant
- enhances memory, learning and mental ability
5 Fast Facts About Nutivia Hemp Protein + Hi Fiber:*
- provides 11 g of raw, organic protein
- contains all 8 essential amino acids
- contains 10% beneficial fats
- contains 43% fiber (90% insoluble and 10% soluble)
- high in magnesium (35% dv), iron (25% dv) and zinc (15% dv)
5 Fast Facts About Almonds:*
- regulates cholesterol and blood pressure
- loaded with protein, calcium and fiber
- an energy booster
- high in antioxidants
- can reduce the risk of heart disease
5 Fast Facts About Bananas:*
- helps to combat depression
- aids in weight loss
- strengthens the immune system
- high in fiber
- helps to lower blood pressure
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Vegan Spirulina and Hemp Protein Smoothie
Yield 1 serving
Raw / Vegan / Gluten-Free / Dairy-Free / Soy-Free / Lectin-Free / Paleo-Friendly / No Refined Sugar
- Add all ingredients to a Vitamix and blend until well combined.
Get all your organic ingredients delivered straight to your door at up to 25 - 50% off retail by cutting out the middleman and retail markups with a Thrive Market Membership and save 15% off on your first order.
The recipe and photographs for "Vegan Spirulina and Hemp Protein Smoothie" by Karielyn Tillman of The Healthy Family and Home website are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives 4.0 International License and cannot be used without my written permission.
Recipe Roundups: Food Bloggers are always welcome to use a photo and a link back to my original post to share on recipe roundups without requesting permission.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Amazon Disclosure: “The Healthy Family and Home” website is a participant in the Amazon Services, LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Thank you for your support of this website!
Hi, I’m Karielyn! I’m the published cookbook author of CLEAN DESSERTS and content creator of The Healthy Family and Home website since 2012. I specialize in creating easy, healthy plant-based recipes that are gluten-free + vegan and made with clean, real food ingredients that you can feel good about eating.