Here is the recipe I promised you last week…Stuffed Mini Peppers with Vegan Garlic Cashew Spread that I made with my Vegan Garlic Cashew Spread recipe.
I received two bags of these beautiful yellow, orange and red organic mini peppers in my delivery from Farmbox Direct (they deliver organic fruits and veggies to your door) and I wasn’t really sure what I wanted to make with them.
Then I remembered the traditional “stuffed mini pepper” recipes that usually have a cream cheese filling and decided to make a vegan version of that.
Normally, this is something my two boy’s would never eat, but I was surprised to find 90% of them were eaten by my youngest son, so that officially makes them kid-approved!
These would be great to make for an appetizer for a party or get together and they are ready in less than 15 minutes, including assembly, using a Vitamix to prepare the filling.
They are made with only 6 clean, whole food ingredients and they’re organic, raw, vegan, dairy-free, soy-free, no-cook and paleo-friendly.
Want more healthy snack recipes? Check out Roasted Smashed Potatoes with Smoked Paprika Habanero Sauce, Spicy Turmeric Twice Baked Potatoes, Garlic and Shallot Fingerling Potatoes or my Clean Eating Cookbook with an entire chapter of 20 healthy, clean eating snack recipes just like this one that you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Red Peppers:*
- high in anti-oxidants
- 1 cup contains 195.8% DV of vitamin C
- excellent source of carotenoids
- contains potential anti-cancer benefits
- helps reduce inflammation
5 Fast Facts About Cashews:*
- packed with dietary fiber
- rich in “heart friendly” mono-saturated fatty acids
- rich source of minerals
- high in magnesium and copper
- excellent source of antioxidants
5 Fast Facts About Garlic:*
- regulates blood sugar levels
- lowers high blood pressure
- contains anti-bacterial and analgesic properties
- helps to lower cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Apple Cider Vinegar:*
- anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal
- maintains proper pH balance in the body
- regulates blood pressure
- helps to reduce bad cholesterol
- loaded with potassium
5 Fast Facts About Lemons:*
- extremely alkaline to the body
- blood purifier
- excellent for detoxification
- balances blood sugar levels
- contains powerful anti-bacterial properties
5 Fast Facts About Himalayan Pink Salt:*
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable pH balance in cells
- controls water levels in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Stuffed Mini Peppers with Vegan Garlic Cashew Spread
Yield 12 - 16 pieces
Raw / Vegan / Gluten-Free / Dairy-Free / Soy-Free / No-Cook / Paleo-Friendly
- 6 - 8 organic mini peppers
For the filling:
Prepare the peppers:
- Cut the top end off the mini peppers, then cut them in half long-wise. Set aside.
Prepare the filling:
- Optional: Soak the cashews in filtered/purified water for 15-30 minutes, then rinse and drain. This will make them soft and the filling extra smooth.
- Add all ingredients for the filling to a Vitamix and blend until everything is well combined, but still thick, taking care not to over blend it into a liquid consistency. Adjust seasonings to your preference.
- Take a spoonful of the filling and fill the inside of each pepper.
- Optional: Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro or parsley.
- Store in an air-tight BPA-free container.
Get all your organic ingredients delivered straight to your door at up to 25 - 50% off retail by cutting out the middleman and retail markups with a Thrive Market Membership and save 15% off on your first order.
The recipe and photographs for "Stuffed Mini Peppers with Vegan Garlic Cashew Spread" by Karielyn Tillman of The Healthy Family and Home website are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives 4.0 International License and cannot be used without my written permission.
Recipe Roundups: Food Bloggers are always welcome to use a photo and a link back to my original post to share on recipe roundups without requesting permission.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Amazon Disclosure: “The Healthy Family and Home” website is a participant in the Amazon Services, LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Thank you for your support of this website!