Stuffed Mini Peppers with Vegan Garlic Cashew Spread
Here is the recipe I promised you last week...Stuffed Mini Peppers with Vegan Garlic Cashew Spread that I made with my Vegan Garlic Cashew Spread recipe.
I received two bags of these beautiful yellow, orange, and red organic mini peppers in my delivery from Farmbox Direct (they deliver organic fruits and veggies to your door) and I wasn't really sure what I wanted to make with them.
Then I remembered the traditional "stuffed mini pepper" recipes that usually have a cream cheese filling and decided to make a vegan version of that.
Normally, this is something my two boys would never eat, but I was surprised to find 90% of them were eaten by my youngest son so that officially makes them kid-approved!
These would be great to make for an appetizer for a party or get together and they are ready in less than 15 minutes, including assembly, using a Vitamix to prepare the filling.
They are made with only 6 clean, whole food ingredients and they're organic, raw, vegan, dairy-free, soy-free, no-cook, paleo-friendly, and Medical Medium® compliant.
Want More Healthy Plant-Based Snack Recipes?
Check out these:
- Roasted Smashed Potatoes with Smoked Paprika Habanero Sauce
- Spicy Turmeric Twice Baked Potatoes
- Garlic and Shallot Fingerling Potatoes
- or my CLEAN EATING Cookbook with 75+ plant-based vegan + gluten-free recipes made with clean, real food ingredients just like this one that you will love!
Did You Make This Recipe?
I'd love to hear about it! Please give it a rating and leave a comment below...it would make my day! 🙂
Gluten-Free Vegan Stuffed Mini Peppers with Vegan Garlic Cashew Spread
- 8 organic mini peppers
For the spread:
- 2 cup organic raw cashews
- 4 cloves organic garlic
- 1/2 cup organic lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1 pinch organic ground black pepper
- Optional: Soak the cashews in filtered/purified water for 15-30 minutes, then rinse and drain. This will make them soft and the filling extra smooth.
Prepare the peppers:
- Cut the top end off the mini peppers, then cut them in half long-wise and set aside.
Prepare the spread:
- Add all ingredients for the filling to a Vitamix and blend until everything is well combined, but still thick, taking care not to over blend it into a liquid consistency and using the tamper if needed.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings to your preference.
- Take a spoonful of the filling and fill the inside of each pepper half.
- Optional: Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro or parsley.
- Store in an air-tight BPA-free container in the refrigerator.
Hi, I'm Karielyn! I'm the published cookbook author of CLEAN DESSERTS and content creator of The Healthy Family and Home website since 2012. I specialize in creating easy, healthy plant-based recipes that are gluten-free + vegan (with a heavy focus on Medical Medium® compliant) and made with clean, real food ingredients that you can feel good about eating.