Here's Why This Recipe Works
My top 3 favorite reasons:
- Perfect For A Healthy Breakfast Or Snack
- Can Be Prepared In About 10 Minutes
- Made With Clean, Real Food Ingredients
You can feel good about making this healthy, plant-based recipe because it's vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, egg-free, flourless, grain-free, oil-free, and contains no refined sugar.
What Goes Into This Recipe
Here are the nutrient-dense ingredients that are used to make this recipe:
Frequently Asked Questions
What Do These Taste Like?
They have a really unique texture - not really a coarse cake-like texture like cake or brownies but more like a soft, mousse-type texture.
It's a good way to use leftover quinoa (maybe from dinner the night before) and the recipe only needs 1 cup to make it.
And, they are a nice change from the typical breakfast entrees...pancakes, muffins, waffles, and cereal but are healthier and are made with vegan protein.
But, even though they are called breakfast squares, you could certainly make these whenever a healthy snack is in order.
Another surprise...they are vegan, flourless and gluten-free too!
Can I Make The Quinoa In An Instant-Pot?
Yes! Simply following these instructions:
Are These Freezer-Friendly?
Yes! Tightly wrap the squares individually and store them in the freezer.
When ready to serve, thaw them in the refrigerator.
Want More Healthy Plant-Based Breakfast Recipes?
Check out these:
- Raspberry Acai Smoothie Bowl
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie
- Raspberry Kiwi Smoothie
- or my CLEAN EATING Cookbook with 75+ plant-based recipes made with clean, real food ingredients just like this one that you will love!
Did You Make This Recipe?
I'd love to hear about it! Please give it a rating and leave a comment below...it would make my day!
Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Quinoa Breakfast Squares
For the mixture:
- 1 1/2 cups homemade almond milk
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 cup organic Medjool dates (pitted)
- 1/2 cup organic hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup organic unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup organic raw cacao powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
For the add-in:
- 1 cup organic quinoa (cooked)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare an 8 x 8 baking dish lined with parchment paper and set aside.
Prepare the quinoa:
- Prepare (1) cup of quinoa according to package directions.
Prepare the mixture:
- Add all the ingredients for the mixture to a Vitamix and blend until well combined, but taking care to not over process.
- Add the cooked quinoa to the Vitamix and stir in by hand until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish and sprinkle the optional topping evenly over the top of the mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 60 minutes, or until firmly set.
- Allow to cool for at least (1) hour, then carefully run a knife around the pan to loosen the edges.
- Cut into squares and serve.
- Store in an air-tight BPA-free container.
Hi, I'm Karielyn! I'm the published cookbook author of CLEAN DESSERTS and content creator of The Healthy Family and Home website since 2012. I specialize in creating easy, healthy plant-based recipes that are gluten-free + vegan (with a heavy focus on Medical Medium® compliant) and made with clean, real food ingredients that you can feel good about eating.