It can’t get any easier than my Vegan Spicy Roasted Red Pepper and Garlic soup made with only 6 clean ingredients and less than 30 minutes of your time.
You’ll start by roasting the red bell peppers and garlic cloves for about 20 minutes, then blending them with the remaining ingredients in a Vitamix and a healthy lunch or dinner is ready to go!
Depending on the size and heat of your jalapeno, you may want to start with only 1/2 and then add the other 1/2 if you’d like. I use one large jalapeno and it’s very hot!
You can also roast an entire head of garlic instead of just the two cloves you need for this recipe and save the rest to make hummus or a salad dressing.
Before serving, I like to add and stir in about a handful of chopped baby spinach to give the soup extra nutrition, but it’s optional.
This is a quick and easy meal made with real food ingredients and is vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free and paleo-friendly.
Want more healthy meal and entre’ recipes? Check out Creamy Vegetable Minestrone Soup, Creamy Vegan Tomato Basil Soup, Vegan Cream of Asparagus Soup or my Clean Eating Cookbook with an entire chapter of 20 healthy, clean eating meal and entre’ recipes just like this one that you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Red Bell Peppers:*
- high in anti-oxidants
- 1 cup contains 195.8% DV of vitamin C
- excellent source of carotenoids
- contains potential anti-cancer benefits
- helps reduce inflammation
5 Fast Facts About Garlic:*
- regulates blood sugar levels
- lowers high blood pressure
- contains anti-bacterial and analgesic properties
- helps to lower cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Onions:*
- rich source of sulfur compounds
- excellent for cardiovascular health
- inhibits bone loss in women
- reduced blood pressure
- lowers blood cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Jalapenos:*
- excellent antioxidant
- thermogenic food
- anti-inflammatory agent
- high in vitamins A and C
- contains anti-bacterial properties
5 Fast Facts About Himalayan Pink Salt:*
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable pH balance in cells
- controls water levels in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission.