Banana Mango Superfood Smoothie…a Vitamix recipe made with real food ingredients and it’s raw, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo and contains no refined sugar.
Summer just isn’t summer without a delicious Banana and Mango Superfood Smoothie.
To make it even better, it’s loaded with nutrient-dense superfoods like maca powder, camu camu, hemps seeds and optional toppings of goji berries and chia seeds.
It’s naturally sweetened with a banana, mango and a couple of medjool dates.
And don’t worry if you don’t have these exact superfoods on hand…just use the banana/mango base and add whatever superfoods you do have!
This is a healthy smoothie made with clean, real food ingredients and it’s raw, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo-friendly and contains no refined sugar.
Want more healthy smoothie recipes? Check out Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie, Strawberry Banana and Maca Smoothie, Acai Berry and Banana Immunity Smoothie or my Clean Eating eCookbook with an entire chapter of 20 healthy, clean eating smoothie recipes you will love!
- 2 tablespoons contain 4.6 g RDA of dietary fiber
- healthy source of medium-chain fatty acids
- can help to decrease cholesterol
- high in lauric acid
- excellent source of manganese at 60% RDA and iron at 11% RDA
5 Fast Facts About Bananas:*
- high levels of trytophan to help combat depression
- aids in weight loss
- strengthens the immune system
- high in fiber and potassium
- helps to lower blood pressure
5 Fast Facts About Mango:*
- super high in vitamin A at 25% RDA
- good source of copper at 12% RDA
- excellent anti-oxidant
- contains 46% RDA of vitamin C
- contains 10% RDA of vitamin B6
5 Fast Facts About Camu Camu:*
- 1 teaspoon contains 1080% DV of vitamin C
- excellent source of anti-oxidants
- powerful anti-inflammatory
- helps to balance mood
5 Fast Facts About Maca Powder:*
- increases stamina
- beneficial to the circulatory system
- can regulate hormonal imbalances
- acts as an anti-carcinogen and anti-oxidant
- enhances memory, learning and mental ability
5 Fast Facts About Hemp Seeds:*
- healthy inflammatory 3:1 ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 fats
- contains 10 essential amino acids
- contains 11 g of raw vegan protein
- helps to reduce blood cholesterol
- natural appetite suppresant
5 Fast Facts About Medjool Dates:*
- natural energy booster
- high in iron content
- rich in potassium
- good source of dietary fiber
- excellent source of vegan protein
5 Fast Facts About Chia Seeds:*
- excellent source of healthy omega fatty acids
- contains 700% more calcium than salmon
- contains more anti-oxidants than flaxseeds or blueberries
- contains 500% more calcium than milk
- contains 20% easily digestible vegan protein
5 Fast Facts About Goji Berries:*
- high concentration of anti-oxidants
- contains 21 trace minerals
- contains 18 amino acids
- high in essential fatty acids
- contains 13% more protein than whole wheat
*These statements have not been evaluated by Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Where to Buy: If you have trouble finding any of the ingredients to make this recipe, you can order online from Amazon and have them delivered straight to you door:
Tip #1: This recipe can be made with either homemade almond milk or homemade coconut milk with a Vitamix. I like to make my own homemade almond milk for my smoothies, because I have control over the quality of almonds that are used (raw, unpasteurized) and there are no added ingredients found in boxed almond milk. For more recipes you can make with a Vitamix, visit my Vitamix Recipe Index page for more inspiration!
Tip #2: This recipe will make (1) smoothie.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission.
Amazon Disclosure: “The Healthy Family and Home” website is a participant in the Amazon Services, LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.