I’ve made this Creamy Raw Hemp Seed and Cilantro Dressing so many times and it just seems to get better every time I make it.
My favorite way to use it is to get a big bowl of fresh kale, cover it with this dressing and sprinkle some sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, hemp seeds and/or chia seeds on top.
Another reason I love it so much is because it can be made in the spur of the moment in a matter of minutes with a Vitamix and it’s ready to go.
There is nothing like a fresh, homemade raw dressing on your favorite salad.
Store-bought dressing usually contains GMO’s, preservatives and many unnecessary ingredients.
Here’s some ingredients in a similar store-bought dressing:
S.A.D. (Standard American Diet) Litehouse Creamy Cilantro Dressing and Sauce
Ingredients: Canola Oil, Water, Cilantro, Peppers Chili Poblano, Cheese Cotija (Milk, Cheese Culture, Salt, Enymes), Maltodextrin, Garlic, Vinegar Red Wine, Pumpkin Seeds, Eggs Yolks, Vinegar Distilled, Salt, Sugar, Milk, Nonfat Powder, Blend (Whey Dairy, Sodium Caseinate, Milk Nonfat Powder), Xantham Gum, Carregeenan Gum, Flavors Natural, Turmeric (Color(s)) (source)
It contains GMO ingredients like canola oil, maltodextrin (corn), vinegar, dairy and highly processed refined sugar and salt.
This healthy, clean version is made with real, whole food ingredients and it’s raw, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo-friendly and it contains no refined sugar.
Want more healthy dressing recipes? Check out Clean Eating Watermelon Vinaigrette , Tahini Ginger Dressing, Creamy Habanero Dressing or my Clean Eating Cookbook that contains 20 healthy, clean eating dip and dressing recipes just like this one that you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Hemp Seeds:*
- healthy 3:1 ratios of omega 6 to omega 3 fats
- contains 10 essential amino acids
- 11 grams of raw vegan protein
- helps to reduce blood cholesterol
- natural appetite suppression
5 Fast Facts About Zucchini:*
- low calorie – about 94% water
- high in manganese
- helps to lower blood pressure
- helps lower cholesterol
5 Fast Facts About Garlic:*
- regulates blood sugar levels
- lowers high blood pressure
- contains anti-bacterial and analgesic properties
- lowers cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Cilantro:*
- powerful antioxidant
- helps to remove toxins and heavy metals
- promotes healthy liver function
- helps control blood sugar
5 Fast Facts About Lemons:*
- extremely alkaline to the body internally
- blood purifier
- excellent for detoxification
- balances blood sugar levels
- contains powerful antibacterial properties
5 Fast Facts About Himalayan Pink Salt:*
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable pH balance in cells
- controls water levels in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Where to Buy: If you have trouble finding any of the ingredients to make this recipe, you can order online from Amazon and have them delivered straight to your door:
Good News…This is a THFH Vitamix Recipe!
You can make this healthy, clean eating recipe using a Vitamix high-speed blender!
Use my Vitamix promotional code 06-007276 to get FREE STANDARD SHIPPING
and you can purchase a new or refurbished Vitamix with an easy, interest-free 5 payment plan.
Click here or the ad below to start shopping!
Tip #1: I added a little extra lemon juice to mine so just adjust the amount to your taste.
Tip #2: I’ve also added a jalapeno before, and it was really good.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission.