I get a big bowl of fresh kale, cover it with this dressing and sprinkle some sunflower seeds, hemp seeds and/or chia seeds on top.
Then I sit down to enjoy my delicious kale salad with a fresh, homemade raw dressing.
Then it happens.
My son: ”Mother, what are you eating?”
Me: ”A kale salad, do you want some?”
My son: ”Sure!”
Then son #2 comes over and says, “I want some.”
Then the three of us are eating the salad out of an extra large salad bowl.
There’s always drama because I have to make sure everyone’s bites are the same size and everyone gets the same amount of seeds lol.
And…every single time I have to go and make another batch.
Why is this good?
I have a 4 and 6 year old eating kale, sunflower seeds, hemp seeds and a healthy raw dressing…and wanting more!
Another reason I love it so much is because it can be made in the spur of the moment in a matter of minutes in a Vitamix and ready to go.
5 Fast Facts About Hemp Seeds:
- healthy 3:1 ratios of omega 6 to omega 3 fats
- contains 10 essential amino acids
- 11 grams of raw vegan protein
- helps to reduce blood cholesterol
- natural appetite suppression
5 Fast Facts About Zucchini:
- low calorie – about 94% water
- high in manganese
- helps to lower blood pressure
- helps lower cholesterol
5 Fast Facts About Garlic:
- regulates blood sugar levels
- lowers high blood pressure
- contains anti-bacterial and analgesic properties
- lowers cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Cilantro:
- powerful antioxidant
- helps to remove toxins and heavy metals
- promotes healthy liver function
- helps control blood sugar
5 Fast Facts About Lemons:
- extremely alkaline
- blood purifier
- excellent for detoxification
- balances blood sugar levels
- contains powerful antibacterial properties
5 Fast Facts About Pink Himalayan Salt:
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable pH balance in cells
- controls water levels in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
Tip #1: I added a little extra lemon juice to mine so just adjust the amount to your taste.
Tip #2: I haven’t ever tried to add the cayenne pepper, but have added a jalapeno before and it was really good.