This Raw Vegan Key Lime Cheesecake will blow you away with the many different combinations you can make with it.
Not only is this a much healthier and guilt-free version, but it’s raw, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free, paleo-friendly and no-bake!
Here are some typical ingredients in a traditional key lime cheesecake:
S.A.D. (Standard American Diet) TRADITIONAL KEY LIME CHEESECAKE INGREDIENTS
Filling: 3/4 pound cream cheese, 6 large egg yolks, 1/2 can sweetened condensed milk, 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
Topping: 1 1/2 cups sour cream, 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
Crust: 3/4 cup graham crackers, 4 tablespoons melted butter
It’s basically a sugar and dairy nightmare with some lime added in.
Well, I have a clean version for you today with several crust and topping options to choose from that I hope you will enjoy!
Want more healthy dessert recipes? Check out Vegan No-Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake, Vegan Marbled Swirl Cheesecake, Vegan Raspberry Lemon Mini Cheesecakes or my Clean Eating eCookbook with an entire chapter of 20 healthy, clean eating recipes just like this one that you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Macadamia Nuts:*
- brain booster
- high in fiber
- high in protein and all essential amino acids
- super high in healthy monosaturated fats
5 Fast Facts About Coconut Oil:*
- super high in lauric acid
- rich in antioxidants
- contains natural microbial and anti-bacterial agents
- helps to improve metabolism
- improves cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Limes:*
- aids in digestion
- fat burner
- contains more vitamin C than a lemon
- anti-oxidant and anti-biotic effects
- extremely alkalizing to the body
5 Fast Facts About Almonds:*
- helps to regulate cholesterol and blood pressure
- energy booster
- loaded with calcium and fiber
- 1/4 cup contains 8 grams of vegan protein
- high in anti-oxidants
5 Fast Facts About Medjool Dates:*
- natural energy booster
- high in iron content
- rich in potassium
- good source of dietary fiber
- excellent source of vegan protein
5 Fast Facts About Maple Syrup:*
- contains manganese and zinc
- super high in anti-oxidants
- helps with inflammation
- 1/4 cup contains more calcium than the same amount of milk
- 1/4 cup contains more potassium than a banana
5 Fast Facts About Himalayan Pink Salt:*
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable pH balance in cells
- controls water levels in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
*These statements have not been evaluated by Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Tip #1: IMPORTANT – If you are used to raw/vegan cheesecakes made with cashews ~and~ are not a fan of macadamia nuts, this might not be a good recipe to try because it has a very strong macadamia nut flavor. My raw/vegan cheesecakes usually use cashews which is what I’m used to and the flavor of this one threw me off because I wasn’t used to it. It was still very good, but I just want to make sure you know what to expect. You could always try my Raw Vegan Marbled Cheesecake recipe which uses cashews instead and just add the same amount of lime juice.
Tip #2: I made some with regular/plain crust and some with a chocolate crust (which was my favorite!). If you want to try the chocolate crust, just add 2 tablespoons of raw cacao powder to the crust mixture.
Tip #4: This recipe made 4 large individual cheesecakes in this Norpro cheesecake pan. If you want to make a traditional round cheesecake, you can also make it in an 8″ round springform cheesecake pan, as in the original recipe.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission.
Amazon Disclosure: “The Healthy Family and Home” website is a participant in the Amazon Services, LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.