This is a really easy Vegan Cheese Sauce to make in your Vitamix and is perfect over veggies or even to use as a dip.
I’ve made this recipe several times and have used it on top of steamed broccoli, as a dressing for a kale salad, and of course, as a nacho chip-type dip.
I guess this recipe would be considered the vegan version of the highly processed Velveeta cheese.
Here is the ingredient list for original Velveeta:
Ingredients: INGREDIENTS: MILK, WATER, WHEY, MILK PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, MILKFAT,WHEY CONCENTRATE, SODIUM PHOSPHATE, CONTAINS 2% OR LESS OF: SALT, CALCIUM PHOSPHATE, LACTIC ACID, SORBIC ACID, [PRESERVATIVE] , SODIUM CITRATE, SODIUM ALGINATE, ENZYMES, APOCAROTENAL, (FOR COLOR) ANNATTO, (FOR COLOR), CHEESE CULTURE (source)
5 Fast Facts About Cashews:
- packed with dietary fiber
- rich in heart friendly monosaturated fatty acids
- rich source of minerals
- high in magnesium and copper
- high in antioxidants
5 Fast Facts About Tahini (Sesame Seeds):
- high source of calcium
- excellent antioxidant
- helps lower cholesterol
- helps reduce inflammation
- high in phytosterol
5 Fast Facts About Lemons:
- extremely alkaline
- blood purifier
- excellent for detoxification
- balances blood sugar levels
- contains powerful anti-bacterial properties
5 Fast Facts About Apple Cider Vinegar:
- anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal
- maintains proper pH balance in the body
- helps regulate blood pressure
- reduces bad cholesterol
- loaded with potassium
5 Fast Facts About Pink Himalayan Salt:
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable pH balance in the body
- controls water levels in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
5 Fast Facts About Almonds (Almond Milk):
- excellent source of heart friendly fats
- helps lower blood pressure
- rich in antioxidants
- helps control blood sugar levels
- high in magnesium, potassium, iron, zinc and copper
5 Fast Facts About Nutritional Yeast:
- vegan source of vitamin b12
- contains 18 amino acids and is a complete protein
- boosts immune system
- excellent antioxidant
- contains 15 minerals
Where to Buy: If you have trouble finding any of the ingredients to make this recipe, you can order online from Amazon and have them delivered straight to your door and you’ll be supporting The Healthy Family and Home website at the same time!
Note #1: I increased the amount of cashews from 1/2 cup to 1 cup because I wanted mine to have a thicker texture. I also substituted the arrowroot for non-GMO cornstarch and it worked fine. And lastly, since I L.O.V.E. nutritional yeast, I increased it from 1 1/2 – 2 tbs optional to 4 tablespoons and it had an extra cheesy flavor that I prefer.
Note #2: The original recipe gives directions to heat over low/low-medium heat for 5 – 8 minutes if you want a warm, thicker dip, which I did not do.
Note #3: The tumeric is optional but just a dash or so will add a yellow/orange color to it that will make it look like real cheese.