This Clean Eating Smoky Chipotle Pumpkin Hummus is super easy to make and perfect when you have leftover pumpkin puree.
If you remember from one of my last pumpkin recipes, I mentioned that I never use the entire can of pumpkin at a time.
I had just finished up the recipe for my Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies when my youngest son asked me to make him some hummus for a snack.
Since I had over a half can of pumpkin left over, I decided I might as well get out two cans of chickpeas while I was in the hummus making mode.
I knew he wouldn’t go for the pumpkin variety, so I made two batches…a regular hummus and this Smoky Chipotle Pumpkin Hummus.
I wanted it to be a little spicy so I used the chipotle but I also wanted a smoky flavor to it so I added just a little smoked paprika which was perfect for the savory, smoky flavor.
This recipe is a great way to use a partially used can of pumpkin puree to make a quick and healthy snack with clean ingredients!
Want more healthy dip recipes? Check out Healthy Artichoke Dip, Tomatillo and Jalapeno Dip, Clean Eating Spinach Pesto or my Clean Eating eCookbook with an entire chapter of 20 healthy, clean eating dip and dressing recipes just like this one that you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Pumpkin:*
- high in beta-carotene
- full of iron, zinc and vitamin C
- rich in anti-oxidants
- 280% RDA of vitamin A
- good source of B complex vitamins
5 Fast Facts About Chickpeas:*
- excellent source of fiber
- good source of protein
- can help lower cholesterol
- provides better regulation of blood sugar
- can help decrease cardiovascular risks
5 Fast Facts About Extra-Virgin Olive Oil:*
- lowers blood cholesterol levels
- rich in anti-oxidants
- improves bone mineralization and calcification
- excellent protection from heart attack and stroke
- contains anti-inflammatory benefits
5 Fast Facts About Chipotle:*
- can help reduce cholesterol and triglyceride levels
- can help lower the risk of diabetes
- a thermogenic food to help energize metabolism
- can help improve circulation
- rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, iron, magnesium and potassium
5 Fast Facts About Paprika:*
- boosts blood circulation
- one teaspoon contains 20% DV of vitamin A
- aids digestion
5 Fast Facts About Garlic:*
- regulates blood sugar levels
- lowers high blood pressure
- contains anti-bacterial and analgesic properties
- helps to lower cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Himalayan Pink Salt:*
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable pH balance in cells
- controls water levels in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
*These statements have not been evaluated by Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Where To Buy: If you have trouble finding any of the ingredients to make this recipe, you can order online from Amazon and have them delivered straight to your door:
Tip #1: I used 2 teaspoons of chipotle and it was pretty hot…but if you don’t want it very hot, just reduce the amount of chipotle.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission.
Amazon Disclosure: “The Healthy Family and Home” website is a participant in the Amazon Services, LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.