These healthy plant-based Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Frosted Pumpkin Spice Cookies are an easy recipe to make with only 6 clean, real food ingredients and they are ready to enjoy in under 20 minutes. The chocolate and pumpkin is a perfect flavor combination for these flourless cookies that are vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, soy-free, grain-free, paleo-friendly, contain no refined sugar and are Medical Medium compliant.
These Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Frosted Pumpkin Spice Cookies are the perfect little two-bite sized treat using my favorite pumpkin and chocolate combination.
Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Frosted Pumpkin Spice Cookies
Here’s why this recipe works – my top 3 reasons:
- It’s the perfect way to use leftover pumpkin
- One-bowl recipe that’s ready in under 20 minutes
- A healthy plant-based gluten-free vegan dessert
Leftover Pumpkin Puree
I never seem to use an entire can of pumpkin at a time so I always end up with a cup or half a can leftover.
Then I have to think of something else to make with pumpkin.
I think I pretty much have everything covered…pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin truffles, pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin quinoa, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin ice-cream, pumpkin nut butter cups, pumpkin smoothie, etc.
This time I had just enough left over to make a batch of these cookies.
One-Bowl Recipe That’s Ready In Under 20 Minutes
You’ll love how this recipe is so quick and easy.
For example, simply mix the ingredients for the cookies in one bowl.
Next, cut them out with a cookie cutter and while they are baking, prepare the chocolate frosting.
A Healthy Plant-Based Gluten-Free Vegan Dessert
These little cookies are made without any flour, grains or dairy of any kind.
Traditional S.A.D. (Standard American Diet) Frosted Pumpkin Cookies can have a typical ingredient list like this:
S.A.D. (Standard American Diet) Homemade Frosted Pumpkin Cookies –
- Cookie Ingredients: 4 cups white flour, 2 cups butter, 1 1/2 cups white sugar, 2 eggs
- Frosting Ingredients: 5-6 cups powdered sugar, 1 1/2 cups butter, 3/4 cup cream cheese
My healthy plant-based cookies are vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, soy-free, grain-free, paleo-friendly, contain no refined sugar and are Medical Medium compliant.
How To Make Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Frosted Pumpkin Spice Cookies: Step-by-Step Instructions
Here is how to make this recipe and I’ll show you with step-by-step instructions below.
Before beginning, preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
Then, set it aside while you make the recipe.
Step 1: Gather and Measure The Ingredients
Firstly, gather all the ingredients and measure them out.
Step 2: Mix the Ingredients Together
Secondly, add all the ingredients to a medium-sized mixing bowl and stir until everything is well combined.
Step 3: Roll Out the Dough Mixture
Thirdly, transfer the dough mixture onto a flat surface lined with parchment paper.
Form it into a ball shape.
Next, place a second piece of parchment paper on top of the dough ball and roll it out flat with a rolling pin.
Step 4: Cut Out the Cookies
Fourthly, using a cookie cutter of your choice, cut out cookies from the rolled out dough.
In this recipe, for example, I used a 2-inch round cookie cutter to make (18) small cookies.
Using a fork like a spatula, gently remove the cut out cookies and transfer them onto the prepared cookie sheet.
Step 5: Bake the Cookies
Fifthly, bake the cookies at 350 degrees for approximately 10-12 minutes, taking care to not over bake them.
Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool completely before handling.
Expert Tips + Ingredient Substitutions For Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Frosted Pumpkin Spice Cookies
Here are some expert tips to make this recipe perfectly:
Maple Syrup. I haven’t tested the recipe with any sweetener, but you can try another unrefined sweetener like organic date nectar or organic coconut nectar.
Coconut Butter. This ingredient will give the cookies a “buttery” taste. I haven’t tested it with regular coconut oil or any other type of replacement.
Vanilla Extract. If you need this recipe to be 100% Medical Medium compliant, use alcohol-free vanilla extract.
Pumpkin Pie Spice. This high-quality organic pumpkin pie spice is my go-to for all my pumpkin recipes, but feel free to use whatever you have on hand.
Himalayan Pink Salt. This is my salt of preference but you can always use sea salt.
Cacao Powder. You can substitute this with regular cocoa powder in the same amount.
Cookie Cutter. The smaller the cookie cutter, the better. For example, if you use a cookie cutter that is too large, the cookies will not hold together well. I used a 2-inch round cookie cutter to keep them small and the recipe yielded (18) cookies.
Allow The Cookies To Cool. The cookies will need to completely cool before attempting to remove them from the cookie sheet. For example, they will be crumbly and fall apart if you remove them while they are still hot. The coconut butter needs time to cool off to under 75 degrees so it can solidify and hold the cookies together.
Want More Healthy Gluten-Free Vegan Cookie Recipes?
Check out these:
- Flourless Caramel Thumbprint Cookies
- Fudgy Chocolate Avocado Cookies
- Vegan Snickerdoodle Cookies
- or my CLEAN DESSERTS Cookbook with 72 plant-based vegan + gluten-free no-bake dessert recipes made with clean, real food ingredients just like this one that you will love!
Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Frosted Pumpkin Spice Cookies
For the cookie dough:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup organic maple syrup
- 1/3 cup organic coconut flour
- 1/3 cup organic coconut butter
- 1 teaspoon organic pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
For the chocolate frosting:
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life semi-sweet chocolate chips*
- 1 teaspoon organic coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and set aside a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
Prepare the cookie dough:
- Add all ingredients for the cookies to a medium-sized mixing bowl and stir until everything is well combined.
- Transfer the cookie dough to a flat surface with a sheet of parchment paper.
- Form the cookie dough into a ball shape.
- Place a second piece of parchment paper on top of the ball of cookie dough.
- Roll the cookie dough out flat with a rolling pin.
- Using a cookie cutter of your choice (2-inch works best) cut out cookies from the rolled out dough.
- Gather up the leftover dough, form it into a ball shape, and roll it flat with a rolling pin.
- Continue cutting out cookies and reforming the dough until you run out.
- Using a fork like a spatula, gently remove the cut out cookies and transfer them onto the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 10-12 minutes, or until they are golden around the edges. Keep a close eye on them and take care to not let them over bake.
Prepare the chocolate frosting:
- Add the ingredients for the chocolate frosting to a small saucepan and melt on lowest heat, stirring until it is completely melted and smooth, taking care to not let it burn.
- After the cookies have completely cooled, dip the top of each cookie into the melted chocolate.
- Place the cookies onto a wire cooling rack to allow the chocolate to dry.
- Store in an air-tight BPA-free container at room temperature or in the refrigerator.