These delicious Gluten-Free Vegan Fudgy Chocolate Avocado Cookies are the perfect bite-size cookie when you need a healthy chocolate treat.
I’ve been making them at least twice a week for the past couple of weeks because they are my husband’s new favorite cookies. And that’s a big deal because he normally doesn’t go for the healthier versions of the desserts I make. But these are a winner!
And don’t be afraid because you see the word “avocado” in the title for a dessert 🙂
They are easily disguised without any avocado flavor coming through and it brings healthy fat into your recipe.
If you haven’t had a chance, you need to try some of my other dessert recipes I’ve made using avocados like my Vegan Flourless Double Chocolate Avocado Brownies or my Creamy Chocolate Pudding or Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Pudding and Brownie Parfait or Raw Vegan Chocolate Pudding Tarts or my Chocolate Avocado Ice Cream with Almond Butter Swirl.
As with most store-bought brands and traditional homemade cookie recipes, they contain ingredients like these:
S.A.D. (Standard American Diet) Homemade Cookie Ingredients: Typical Ingredients: white flour, white sugar, butter, eggs, oil, shortening, etc.
S.A.D. (Standard American Diet) Drake’s Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookie Ingredients: Ingredients: Ingredients: Enriched Bleached Wheat Flour [Flour, Reduced Iron, B Vitamins (Niacin, Thiamine Mononitrate (B1), Riboflavin (B2) Folic Acid)], Sugar, Partially Hydrogenated Vegetable Shortening (Contains One or More of: Soybean, Cottonseed or Canola Oil), Water, Corn Syrup, Cocoa, Chocolate Liquor. Contains 2% or Less of: Whey, Whole Eggs, Salt, Leavenings (Baking Soda, Ammonium Phosphate, Aluminum Sulfate), Soy Lecithin, Cocoa Butter, Dextrose, Natural Flavor, Vanillin (Artificial Flavor)
This healthier version is made with clean ingredients and is vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free, flourless, egg-free, paleo-friendly and contains no refined sugar.
Want More Healthy Gluten-Free Vegan Cookie Recipes?
Check out these:
- Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal No-Bake Cookies
- Gluten-Free Vegan Flourless Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Gluten-Free Vegan Flourless Chocolate Chip Banana Walnut Cookies
- or my CLEAN DESSERTS Cookbook with 72 plant-based vegan + gluten-free no-bake dessert recipes made with clean, real food ingredients just like this one that you will love!
Gluten-Free Vegan Flourless Fudgy Chocolate Avocado Cookies
Yield 10 - 12 cookies
Vegan / Gluten-Free / Dairy-Free / Egg-Free / Flourless / Grain-Free / Paleo-Friendly / No Refined Sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare the flax egg: Add the ground flax seeds and water to a small bowl and whisk together. Set aside while you prepare the rest of the recipe.
- Add the avocado to a medium-size bowl and mash it with a fork until it is creamy and smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl with the mashed avocado and stir until well combined.
- Re-whisk the flax egg mixture, add to the bowl of ingredients and stir in until it is evenly distributed.
- Using a small cookie scoop or spoon, take out a spoonful at a time and place on a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 12 - 14 minutes, or until the edges are firm.
- Allow to cool completely before removing from the baking pan.
- Store in an air-tight BPA-free container.
Get all your organic ingredients delivered straight to your door at up to 25 - 50% off retail by cutting out the middleman and retail markups with a Thrive Market Membership and save 15% off on your first order.
The recipe and photographs for "Gluten-Free Vegan Flourless Fudgy Chocolate Avocado Cookies" by Karielyn Tillman of The Healthy Family and Home website are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Non Commercial No Derivatives 4.0 International License and cannot be used without my written permission.
Recipe Roundups: Food Bloggers are always welcome to use a photo and a link back to my original post to share on recipe roundups without requesting permission.