These delicious Gluten-Free Vegan Fudgy Chocolate Avocado Cookies are the perfect bite-size cookie when you need a healthy chocolate treat.
I’ve been making them at lease twice a week for the past couple of weeks because they are my husband’s new favorite cookies. And that’s a big deal because he normally doesn’t go for the healthier versions of the desserts I make. But these are a winner!
And don’t be afraid because you see the word “avocado” in the title for a dessert 🙂
They are easily disguised without any avocado flavor coming through and bring healthy fat into your recipe.
If you haven’t had a chance, you need to try some of my other dessert recipes I’ve made using avocados like my Vegan Flourless Double Chocolate Avocado Brownies or my Creamy Chocolate Pudding or Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Pudding and Brownie Parfait or Raw Vegan Chocolate Pudding Tarts or hang tight for an ice cream recipe using avocados coming soon!
As with most traditional homemade cookie recipes, they contain ingredients like these:
S.A.D. (Standard American Diet) Cookie Ingredients:
Typical Ingredients: white flour, white sugar, butter, eggs, oil, shortening, etc.
And if you go with the store-bought version, it’s even worse:
S.A.D. (Standard American Diet) Drake’s Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookie Ingredients:
Ingredients: Ingredients: Enriched Bleached Wheat Flour [Flour, Reduced Iron, B Vitamins (Niacin, Thiamine Mononitrate (B1), Riboflavin (B2) Folic Acid)], Sugar, Partially Hydrogenated Vegetable Shortening (Contains One or More of: Soybean, Cottonseed or Canola Oil), Water, Corn Syrup, Cocoa, Chocolate Liquor. Contains 2% or Less of: Whey, Whole Eggs, Salt, Leavenings (Baking Soda, Ammonium Phosphate, Aluminum Sulfate), Soy Lecithin, Cocoa Butter, Dextrose, Natural Flavor, Vanillin (Artificial Flavor) (source)
FoodFacts.com Rating: “F:
This healthier version is made with clean ingredients and is vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free, flourless, egg-free, paleo-friendly and contains no refined sugar.
Want more healthy dessert recipes? Check out Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal No-Bake Cookies, Gluten-Free Vegan Flourless Snickerdoodle Cookies, Gluten-Free Vegan Flourless Chocolate Chip Banana Walnut Cookies or my Clean Eating Cookbook with an entire chapter of 20 healthy, clean eating recipes just like this one that you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Avocados:*
- excellent source of vitamin E
- contains 25 essential nutrients
- contains 2 – 3 times the potassium as one banana
- has anti-inflammatory properties
- can help lower cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Raw Cacao Powder:*
- super high in anti-oxidants
- promotes cardiovascular health
- contains essential fats
- can help to decrease blood pressure
- contains over 300 compounds including protein, calcium, copper, zinc and iron
5 Fast Facts About Almonds (Almond Butter):*
- helps to regulate cholesterol and blood pressure
- energy booster
- loaded with calcium and fiber
- 1/4 cup contains 8 grams of vegan protein
- high in anti-oxidants
5 Fast Facts About Flax Seeds:*
- high in omega-3 essential fatty acids
- contains soluble and insoluble fiber
- super high in lignans
- provides anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits
- provides cardiovascular benefits
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Gluten-Free Vegan Flourless Fudgy Chocolate Avocado Cookies
Yield 10 - 12 cookies
Vegan / Gluten-Free / Dairy-Free / Egg-Free / Flourless / Grain-Free / Paleo-Friendly / No Refined Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare the flax egg: Add the ground flax seeds and water to a small bowl and whisk together. Set aside while you prepare the rest of the recipe.
- Add the avocado to a medium size bowl and mash it with a fork until it is creamy and smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl with the mashed avocado and stir until well combined.
- Re-whisk the flax egg mixture, add to the bowl of ingredients and stir in until it is evenly distributed.
- Using a small cookie scoop or spoon, take out a spoonful at a time and place on a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 12 - 14 minutes, or until the edges are firm.
- Allow to cool completely before removing from the baking pan.
- Store in an air-tight container.
The recipe and photographs for "Gluten-Free Vegan Flourless Fudgy Chocolate Avocado Cookies" by Karielyn Tillman of The Healthy Family and Home website are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Non Commercial No Derivatives 4.0 International License and cannot be used without my written permission.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission.