These Gluten-Free Vegan Matcha Avocado Truffles are made with only 5 clean ingredients and are ready in under 30 minutes.
They are my submission for the June 2017 Recipe Redux theme which is:
“Small Bite Desserts: In honor of our 6th birthday, we’re celebrating with cake…or another small bite dessert that fits your fancy. Show us your healthy small bite dessert creation.”
If you want to get a daily dose of healthy fats from an avocado other than adding it to a salad, these truffles are an excellent alternative. I make these with a slightly different variation from my other chocolate truffle recipes: Vegan Chocolate Fudge Truffles and Clean Eating Strawberry Fudge Truffles.
They’re as easy to make as mashing the avocados in a bowl until they are a creamy consistency, then stirring in the melted chocolate.
After the mixture firms in the refrigerator for 15 – 30 minutes, you just scoop out a spoonful, roll it into a ball shape, then toss it in a small bowl of matcha powder. That’s it!
While the bright green color is definitely stunning, the flavor of matcha green tea is not for the faint of heart. If you want a vibrant green color, but don’t care for the flavor of matcha green tea, you can substitute it with ground pistachios or moringa powder. And, if neither of those appeal to you, you can always eat them plain or rolled in raw cacao powder.
This healthy, small bite dessert is vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, paleo-friendly and contains no refined sugar.
Want more healthy dessert recipes? Check out Crunchy Raw Protein Balls, Clean Eating Vegan Raspberry Truffles, Crispy Cashew Butter Energy Balls or my Clean Eating Cookbook with an entire chapter of 20 healthy, clean eating recipes just like this one that you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Avocados:*
- excellent source of vitamin E
- contains 25 essential nutrients
- contains 2 – 3 times the potassium as one banana
- has anti-inflammatory properties
- can help lower cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Matcha Green Tea:*
- 137 times the antioxidants of brewed green tea
- can help to boost metabolism
- excellent source of anti-oxidants
- increase focus
- can help to improve skin health
5 Fast Facts About Coconut Oil:*
- super high in lauric acid
- rich in antioxidants
- contains natural microbial and anti-bacterial agents
- helps to improve metabolism
- improves cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Vanilla Bean Powder:*
- high in anti-oxidants
- can help reduce inflammation
- contains small traces of minerals
- 1 tablespoon contains 2 g of fiber
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.