This Lectin-Free Vegan Chocolate Avocado Frosting recipe is a good staple recipe to have on hand and it’s made with only 5 clean ingredients and is ready in under 5 minutes.
You can whip it up in a matter of minutes with ingredients you probably already have on hand, and, it’s a good recipe to make when you have avocados that need to be used quickly.
I like to use it as a topping on my Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Avocado Oil Cake, but you can use it on top of brownies, cookies, cupcakes or just enjoy it by itself!
No matter which way you go, homemade or store-bought, ingredients in S.A.D. (Standard American Diet) versions are bad and aren’t vegan:
S.A.D. (Standard American Diet) Homemade Chocolate Frosting:
Typical Ingredients: 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar, 1 1/2 sticks of butter, 1/2 can evaporated milk or whole milk
S.A.D. (Standard American Diet) Betty Crocker Chocolate Fudge Frosting:
Ingredients: Sugar, Water, High Maltose Corn Syrup, Palm Oil, Corn Starch, Cocoa Processed with Alkali, Canola Oil. Contains 2% or less of Salt, Distilled Monoglycerides, Polysorbate 60, Natural and Artificial Flavor, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Color Added, Nonfat Milk, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate to Preserve Freshness.
This healthier version is raw, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, lectin-free, soy-free, paleo-friendly and contains no refined sugar.
Want more healthy recipes? Check out How To Make Whipped Coconut Cream Topping, How To Make Tahini, How To Make Gluten-Free Bread Crumbs or my Clean Eating Cookbook with over 140 healthy, clean eating recipes just like this one that you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Avocados:*
- excellent source of vitamin E
- contains 25 essential nutrients
- contains 2 – 3 times the potassium as one banana
- has anti-inflammatory properties
- can help lower cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Raw Cacao Powder:*
- super high in anti-oxidants
- promotes cardiovascular health
- contains essential fats
- can help to decrease blood pressure
- contains over 300 compounds including protein, calcium, copper, zinc and iron
5 Fast Facts About Date Nectar:*
- 25% less sugar than honey
- vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, lectin-free, paleo
- organic + non-GMO
- great source of antioxidants
- made with organic California dates
5 Fast Facts About Almonds (Almond Butter):*
- helps to regulate cholesterol and blood pressure
- energy booster
- loaded with calcium and fiber
- 1/4 cup contains 8 grams of vegan protein
- high in anti-oxidants
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Lectin-Free Vegan Chocolate Avocado Frosting
Yield 1 cup
Raw / Vegan / Gluten-Free / Dairy-Free / Soy-Free / Paleo-Friendly / No Refined Sugar
- 2 organic avocados
- 1/4 cup organic raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup organic almond butter
- 1/4 cup organic date nectar*
- 1 - 2 pinches Himalayan pink salt
- Add the avocados to a small bowl and whisk together until they are creamy and completely smooth, without any tiny pieces.
- Add the remaining ingredients and whisk everything together until it is creamy, thick and smooth.
- Use as you would in any recipe that calls for "chocolate frosting".
- Optional: If you prefer the frosting to be thicker, just put it in the refrigerator for about 15-30 minutes and it will thicken up.
Get all your organic ingredients delivered straight to your door at up to 25 - 50% off retail by cutting out the middleman and retail markups with a Thrive Market Membership and save 15% off on your first order.
The recipe and photographs for "Lectin-Free Vegan Chocolate Avocado Frosting" by Karielyn Tillman of The Healthy Family and Home website are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives 4.0 International License and cannot be used without my written permission.
Recipe Roundups: Food Bloggers are always welcome to use a photo and a link back to my original post to share on recipe roundups without requesting permission.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Amazon Disclosure: “The Healthy Family and Home” website is a participant in the Amazon Services, LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Thank you for your support of this website!