This healthy plant-based Gluten-Free Vegan Peach Cobbler is an easy recipe to make with only 7 clean, real food ingredients. It’s the perfect vegan dessert to enjoy by itself, or with a scoop of vegan vanilla ice cream on top and it’s egg-free, grain-free, soy-free, contains no refined sugar, paleo-friendly, and Medical Medium compliant.
I based this Gluten-Free Vegan Peach Cobbler recipe off my Gluten-Free Vegan Blueberry + Chia Seed Cobbler and gave it a peach twist!
Gluten-Free Vegan Peach Cobbler
Here is why this recipe works – my top 3 reasons:
- One-bowl recipe
- No special equipment needed
- Made with clean, real food ingredients
It can’t get any easier with this vegan peach cobbler recipe that only needs one-bowl to prepare.
Simply mix all the ingredients for the topping together, cut the peaches into cubes and add everything to your baking dish.
No Special Equipment Needed
There’s no need to pull out a food processor, mixer or Vitamix for this recipe.
All you need is a mixing bowl and cutting board to dice the peaches.
Made With Clean, Real Food Ingredients
You’ll love how this recipe is made with only 7 clean, real food ingredients.
Traditional S.A.D. (Standard American Diet) Peach Cobbler recipes are made with traditional baking ingredients.
For example, white flour, white sugar, butter, and milk.
My healthier version is made with peaches, almond flour, oat flour, coconut oil, pure vanilla, baking powder, salt and sweetened with coconut sugar.
And, it’s plant-based, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, egg-free, flourless, grain-free, paleo-friendly, no refined sugar and Medical Medium compliant.
How To Make Gluten-Free Vegan Peach Cobbler: Step-by-Step Instructions
Here is how to make this recipe and I’ll show you with step-by-step instructions below:
Before beginning, preheat the oven to 350 degrees and set aside two 9-inch oval baking dishes.
Step 1: Prepare The Peaches
Firstly, if you’re using fresh peaches, peel the skins off and cut the peaches into small cubed pieces.
In addition, if you’re using frozen peaches, allow the peaches to thaw before cutting into small cubed pieces.
Divide the cubed peaches between two 9-inch oval baking dishes.
Spread them evenly on the bottom of each dish and set aside.
Step 2: Prepare The Topping
Secondly, add all the ingredients for the topping to a medium-sized mixing bowl.
Stir everything together until well combined.
Step 3: Assemble
Thirdly, add three large dollops of the topping mixture on top of the peaches in each baking dish.
Gently spread the mixture evenly over the top of the peaches.
Step 4: Add Sweetener On Top
Fourthly, sprinkle a little extra coconut sugar over the topping for baking.
Step 5: Bake The Cobbler
Fifthly, bake the cobbler at 350 degrees for approximately 40-45 minutes, or until golden on top.
Allow the cobbler to cool slightly before serving.
Step 5: Optional “Nice” Cream Topping
Lastly, you can quickly and easily make a vegan ice cream topping.
Simply add two frozen bananas (that have been cut into bite-sized pieces) to a food processor with 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
Process until it becomes has a smooth creamy texture like soft-serve ice cream.
Add to the top of the cobbler immediately, or place the “nice” cream in an air-tight container in the freezer to firm before serving.
Expert Tips + Ingredient Substitutions For Gluten-Free Vegan Peach Cobbler
Here are some expert tips to make this recipe perfectly:
Peaches. Can I Use Frozen or Fresh Peaches?
Good news…you can use either!
- Frozen Peaches – allow them to thaw before dicing. I use two bags of Whole Foods Organic Frozen Peaches to get (3) cups diced peaches needed for the recipe.
- Fresh Peaches – peel the peaches and then dice into small pieces
Almond Flour + Oat Flour. I haven’t tested the recipe using any other gluten-free flours or substitutions.
Coconut Sugar. Feel free to use another organic unrefined granular sweetener if you prefer. In addition, feel free to adjust the amount of sweetener used in the recipe.
For example, I didn’t add any sweetener to the peach layer because I felt the peaches gave it enough sweetness. However, feel free to add 1-2 tablespoons of coconut sugar if you’d like it a little sweeter.
Coconut Oil. If you don’t like the taste or smell of coconut oil, use organic refined coconut oil which has zero coconut taste or smell.
Baking Powder. Make sure your baking powder is fresh for the best results.
Vanilla Extract. If you need this recipe to be 100% Medical Medium compliant, use organic vanilla bean powder or alcohol-free vanilla extract.
Himalayan Pink Salt. This is my salt of preference. However, you can always substitute with sea salt.
Want More Healthy Plant-Based Vegan Dessert Recipes?
Check out these:
- Chocolate Peanut Butter No-Bake Cheesecake
- Flourless Caramel Thumbprint Cookies
- Vanilla Bean Peanut Butter Protein Balls
- or my CLEAN DESSERTS Cookbook with 72 plant-based vegan + gluten-free no-bake dessert recipes made with clean, real food ingredients just like this one that you will love!
Gluten-Free Vegan Peach Cobbler
For the peaches:
- 3 cups organic peaches (peeled, cubed small)
For the topping:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup organic oat flour
- 1/4 cup homemade almond milk
- 1/4 cup organic coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup organic refined coconut oil
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon organic pure vanilla extract*
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and set aside (2) 9-inch oval baking dishes.
Prepare the peaches:
- Frozen peaches - allow thawing then cut into small cubed pieces.Fresh peaches - peel and then cut into small cubed pieces.
- Divide the cubed peaches evenly between (2) 9-inch oval baking dishes.
- Spread them evenly on the bottom of the baking dishes and set aside.
Prepare the topping:
- Add all ingredients for the topping to a medium-sized mixing bowl and stir until well combined.
- Add (3) large dollops of the topping mixture on top of the peaches in each baking dish.
- Gently spread the topping mixture evenly over the peaches.
- Sprinkle a little extra coconut sugar on top of the topping mixture.
Bake the cobbler:
- Place the baking dishes in the oven and bake at 350 degrees for approximately 40-45 minutes, or until the tops are golden.
- Store in an air-tight BPA-free container.
- Frozen Peaches - allow them to thaw before dicing. I use two bags of Whole Foods Organic Frozen Peaches to get (3) cups diced peaches needed for the recipe.
- Fresh Peaches - peel the peaches and then dice into small pieces