Raw Cacao and Raspberry Mousse Cakes are made with clean, real food ingredients and are raw, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, no-bake, paleo-friendly and contain no refined sugar.
These cute little heart shaped Raw Cacao and Raspberry Mousse Cakes are the perfect Valentine’s Day or other special occasion treat.
Not only are they completely raw and made with clean ingredients, they have the classic chocolate raspberry combination that make them irresistible.
The other nice thing about them is it only takes about 15 minutes to prepare them using a Vitamix and another 15 minutes or so to firm up in the freezer.
The mousse has a delicate crunch from the raspberry seeds and hemp seeds and the soft shortbread-type crust gives this dessert just the right balance and texture.
A similar store-bought version of this recipe can have lots of dairy and GMO ingredients like these:
S.A.D. (Standard American Diet) Wegman’s Mini Chocolate Raspberry Tart Ingredients:
Ingredients: Chocolate (Cocoa Beans, Sugar, Cocoa Butter, Soy Lecithin (Emulsifier), Vanilla), Butter,Whole Eggs, Sugar, Raspberries, Enriched Bleached Wheat Flour (Wheat Flour, Malted Barley Flour, Niacin, Iron, Thiamin Mononitrate (Vitamin B1), Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Folic Acid), Heavy Cream. Contains 2% Or Less Of The Following: Water, Cocoa Powder (Alkali), Salt, Gelatin, Vanilla Extract, Citric Acid (Preservative) (source). Foodfacts.com Rating: “F”.
And homemade versions aren’t any better with the following typical ingredients:
S.A.D. (Standard American Diet) Raspberry Chocolate Mousse Cake Ingredients:
Typical Ingredients: Oreo Cookies, Butter, Semi-Sweet Chocolate Squares, Cream Cheese, Condensed Milk, Cool Whip Topping, etc.
It’s basically a “dessert” made entirely of highly processed ingredients.
This healthier version is made with clean, real food ingredients and it’s raw, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, no-bake, paleo-friendly and contains no refined sugar.
Want more healthy dessert recipes? Check out Gluten-Free Vegan Pecan Pie Bars, Raw Vegan Snickers Bars, Crispy Peanut Butter Protein Cups, or my Clean Eating eCookbook with an entire chapter of 20 healthy, clean eating recipes just like this one that you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Hemp Seeds:*
- healthy anti-inflammatory 3:1 ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 fatty acids
- contains 10 essential amino acids
- 11 grams of raw vegan protein
- helps to reduce blood cholesterol
- natural appetite suppressant
5 Fast Facts About Raspberries:*
- high in antioxidants
- anti-cancer benefits
- good source of dietary fiber
- high ORAC (oxygen radical absorbance capacity) value of around 4,900 per 100 grams
- excellent source of vitamin C at 47% dv
5 Fast Facts About Raw Cacao Powder:*
- contains over 300 compounds, including protein, calcium, magnesium, copper, zinc and iron
- super high in antioxidants
- can help decrease blood pressure
- contains 4 different neuro-transmitters which act as anti-depressants
- promotes cardiovascular health
5 Fast Facts About Maple Syrup:*
- contains manganese and zinc
- super high in anti-oxidants
- helps with inflammation
- 1/4 cup contains more calcium than the same amount of milk
- 1/4 cup contains more potassium than a banana
5 Fast Facts About Coconut Oil:
- super high in lauric acid
- rich in antioxidants
- contains natural microbial and antibacterial agents
- improves metabolism and prevents fatigue
- improves cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Coconut Flour:*
- highest dietary fiber found in any flour at 58% RDA
- 14% coconut oil
- 19% vegan protein
- helps to promote blood sugar health
5 Fast Facts About Almonds (Almond Flour):*
- helps to regulate cholesterol and blood pressure
- energy booster
- loaded with calcium and fiber
- 1/4 cup contains 8 grams of vegan protein
- high in anti-oxidants
5 Fast Facts About Vanilla Bean Powder:*
- high in anti-oxidants
- can help reduce inflammation
- contains small traces of minerals
- 1 tablespoon contains 2 g of fiber
*These statements have not been evaluated by Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Where to Buy: If you have trouble finding any of the ingredients to make this recipe, you can order them online from Amazon and have them delivered straight to your door:
Good News…This is a THFH Vitamix Recipe!
You can make this healthy, clean eating recipe using a Vitamix high-speed blender!
Use my Vitamix affiliate code 06-007276 to get FREE STANDARD SHIPPING
and you can purchase a new or refurbished Vitamix with an easy, interest-free 5 payment plan.
Click here or the ad below to start shopping!
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission.
Amazon Disclosure: “The Healthy Family and Home” website is a participant in the Amazon Services, LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.