This Vegan No-Cook Black Bean Soup is an easy and healthy recipe made with only 9 clean, real food ingredients. It's the perfect plant-based lunch that involves no cooking but blending in a Vitamix and it's ready to enjoy in under 10 minutes!
Here's Why This Recipe Works
My top 3 favorite reasons:
- No Cooking Involved - No pots or stovetop needed for this recipe as it's made with only a Vitamix!
- Ready In Under 10 Minutes - Simply blend all the ingredients in a Vitamix and it's ready to enjoy.
- Made With Clean, Real Food Ingredients - Nutrient-dense and healthy ingredients such as black beans, onion, celery, carrots, red bell pepper, garlic, lemon juice, cumin powder, and Himalayan pink salt.
Most store-bought soups are highly processed and contain ingredients like this:
S.A.D. (Standard American Diet) Campbell's Black Bean Soup Ingredients: Water, Beans Black Cooked, Sugar, Carrots, Tomatoes Puree (Water, Tomato Paste), Celery, Vegetables Oil (Corn, Canola, Cottonseed Oil Partially Hydrogenated or Soybeans Oil Partially Hydrogenated), Monosodium Glutamate, Vinegar Distilled, Yeast Extract, Spices Extract, Oleoresin Paprika
You can feel good about making my healthy plant-based recipe because it's vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, nut-free, oil-free, no-cook, and Medical Medium® compliant.
Karielyn's Expert Tips + Ingredient Substitutions
Here are some of my expert tips to make this recipe perfectly:
Black Beans: I use Eden Organic Black Beans because they come in a BPA-free can. In addition, I add the entire can, without draining and rinsing the beans.
Water: I exclusively use and recommend filtered/purified water which I make with a Berkey water filter, instead of using tap water, which can contain numerous impurities.
Onion: You can use your favorite variety of onions, however, I do not recommend using a sweet onion since this is a savory recipe.
Garlic: Fresh garlic will give the best flavor and nutrients, but you could also substitute it with organic ground garlic.
Lemon Juice: Freshly squeezed lemon juice will give the best flavor and nutrients since it hasn't been pasteurized, but you could also use store-bought organic lemon juice.
Himalayan Pink Salt: This is my salt of preference, however, it can always be substituted with seas salt.
Warming: You can enjoy the soup at room temperature or slightly warm it with your Vitamix on the "SOUP" setting or transfer the soup to a medium-size saucepan and warm on low/medium heat.
Serving Size: This recipe will make approximately (4) cups of soup. Nutritional information is for (1) cup which is (1) serving.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Can I Pair With This Recipe?
Can I Cook The Vegetables?
Yes! If you have a few extra minutes and you don't need the recipe to be 100% "no-cook", you can lightly saute' the veggies before adding them to the Vitamix to blend.
- Add about (1) tablespoon of avocado oil to a non-toxic skillet
- Saute' on low/medium heat for about 2-3 minutes, or until the onions are soft
- Transfer the sauteed veggies to the Vitamix to blend with the remaining ingredients
This will give the soup a different flavor profile and is great if you want to change the recipe up a little.
How Can I Spice Up This Recipe?
If you'd like to spice it up a little add 1-2 jalapenos to the Vitamix.
In addition, other topping options are chopped cilantro, diced avocado, diced tomatoes, or even pieces of grain-free chips.
Want More Healthy Plant-Based Soup Recipes?
Check out these:
- Creamy Vegan Vegetable Minestrone Soup
- Tomato Basil Soup
- Spicy Chickpea and Tomato Soup
- or my CLEAN EATING Cookbook with 75+ plant-based recipes made with clean, real food ingredients just like this one that you will love!
Did You Make This Recipe?
I'd love to hear about it! Please give it a rating and leave a comment below...it would make my day!
Vegan No-Cook Black Bean Soup
- 2 cans organic black beans (15-ounce, BPA-free cans)
- 1 1/2 cups water (filtered/purified)
- 1 organic onion
- 2 stalks organic celery
- 2 organic carrots
- 1/4 organic red bell pepper
- 2 cloves organic garlic
- 1 tablespoon organic lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1 teaspoon organic ground cumin powder
Prep the veggies:
- Prepare the veggies by cutting them into small enough pieces to go into your Vitamix.
Prepare the soup:
- Add all the ingredients to a Vitamix and blend until it has a smooth puree consistency.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings to your preference.
- Lightly warm with your Vitamix on the "SOUP" setting or in a saucepan on the stovetop on low/medium heat.
- Optional: Top with diced onions, green onions, diced tomatoes, jalapenos, etc.
- Store in an air-tight BPA-free container.
Hi, I'm Karielyn! I'm the published cookbook author of CLEAN DESSERTS and content creator of The Healthy Family and Home™ website since 2012. I specialize in creating easy, healthy plant-based and Medical Medium® compliant recipes that are gluten-free + vegan and made with clean, real food ingredients that you can feel good about eating.