This Pasta with Asparagus and Creamy Mushroom Sauce recipe is a quick and easy meal that can be made in the length of time it takes to prepare your pasta.
Just blend the Creamy Mushroom Sauce in a Vitamix in a matter of minutes and saute the asparagus while the pasta is boiling.
Then all you have to do is toss everything together and dinner is ready!
This is also a recipe I created for The Recipe Redux’s “The Trend Is To Blend” sponsored promotion with The Mushroom Council under the “meatless” category using fresh cultivated mushrooms.
There’s also some great ideas of how to “blend” mushrooms in with other meat dishes (if you didn’t need a vegan/meatless recipe) and information of how to enter the “Swap It or Top It” contest on The Mushroom Council’s Facebook page.
Traditional creamy mushroom sauces usually contain butter, heavy cream and cheese.
This version is vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free and made with clean, healthy ingredients.
5 Fast Facts About Mushrooms:
- excellent source of potassium
- rich source of riboflavin, niacin and selenium
- supports a healthy immune system
- provides anti-inflammatory benefits
- natural source of vitamin D
5 Fast Facts About Asparagus:
- high in antioxidants
- contains anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties
- excellent source of folate at 66% RDA
- excellent source of vitamin K at 114% RDA
- excellent source of vitamin C at 30% RDA
5 Fast Facts About Cashews:
- packed with dietary fiber
- rich in “heart friendly” mono-saturated fatty acids
- rich source of minerals
- high in magnesium and copper
- excellent source of antioxidants
5 Fast Facts About Extra-Virgin Olive Oil:
- lowers blood cholesterol levels
- rich in anti-oxidants
- improves bone mineralization and calcification
- excellent protection from heart attack and stroke
- contains anti-inflammatory benefits
5 Fast Facts About Garlic:
- regulates blood sugar levels
- lowers high blood pressure
- contains anti-bacterial and analgesic properties
- helps to lower cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Shallots:
- 1 cup contains 24% DV of iron
- good source of fiber
- 1 cup contains 11% potassium
- contains more antioxidants than onions
- contains 10% DV of folate
5 Fast Facts About Rosemary:
- can help improve memory
- contains anti-microbial properties to help fight infections
- good source of dietary fiber
- rich in B vitamins
- excellent source of vitamin A
5 Fast Facts About Himalayan Pink Salt:
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable pH balance in cells
- controls water levels in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
Tip #1: You can use either cremini mushrooms or white button mushrooms for the sauce.
Tip #2: I used a 1 pound/16 ounce pack of “spaghetti” pasta, but you can use your favorite pasta variety (gluten-free, if needed).
Tip #3: This recipe will make approximately 4 – 6 servings.
Disclosure: By posting this recipe, I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by The Mushroom Council and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.