This post has been updated October 1, 2016 as part of the Whole Foods Market “One Bag, Five Dinners” campaign to highlight ingredients from my recent Whole Foods Market shopping trip.
This Pasta with Asparagus and Creamy Mushroom Sauce is part of the “1 Bag, 5 Dinners for 4 people” theme highlighting recipes made with Whole Foods Market 365 Everyday Value brand foods and Whole Foods Market organic produce. Check out all the details of my shopping trip here.
If you’ve never shopped at Whole Foods before, or purchased their 365 Everyday Value brand, I think you will be pleasantly surprised at the quality and value. You can be assured when you buy 365 Everyday Value brand foods they will not contain high-fructose corn syrup, no hydrogenated fats and no artificial colors, flavors, preservatives or sweeteners.
Make sure you check out the other 4 dinner recipes you can make with “1 bag” for “4 people” using quality ingredients at great prices:
- Vegan Spicy Chickpea and Mango Wraps
- Vegan Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Vegan Smoked Paprika and Black Bean Chili
- Blueberry and Mango Salad with Tahini Ginger Dressing
This recipe, Pasta with Asparagus and Creamy Mushroom Sauce, which is part of the “1 bag, 5 meals for 4 people” theme, is a quick and easy meal that can be made in the length of time it takes to prepare your pasta.
Just blend the creamy mushroom sauce in a Vitamix in a matter of minutes and saute’ the asparagus while the pasta is boiling.
Then all you have to do is toss everything together and dinner is ready!
While traditional creamy mushroom sauces usually contain butter, heavy cream and cheese, this healthier version is vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free and made with clean, healthy ingredients.
Want more healthy meal and entrée recipes? Check out Clean Eating Zucchini Boats with Creamy Garlic Sauce, Spaghetti Squash with Creamy Lemon Garlic Sauce, Creamy Vegan Vegetable Minestrone Soup or my Clean Eating Cookbook with an entire chapter of 20 healthy, clean eating meal and entrée recipes you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Mushrooms:*
- excellent source of potassium
- rich source of riboflavin, niacin and selenium
- supports a healthy immune system
- provides anti-inflammatory benefits
- natural source of vitamin D
5 Fast Facts About Asparagus:*
- high in antioxidants
- contains anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties
- excellent source of folate at 66% RDA
- excellent source of vitamin K at 114% RDA
- excellent source of vitamin C at 30% RDA
5 Fast Facts About Cashews:*
- packed with dietary fiber
- rich in “heart friendly” mono-saturated fatty acids
- rich source of minerals
- high in magnesium and copper
- excellent source of antioxidants
5 Fast Facts About Avocado Oil:*
- healthier cooking with smoke point of 500 degrees
- may help reduce the risk of metabolic syndrome
- helps maintain healthy blood sugar levels
- provides protection from cardiovascular disease
- good source of vitamin E
5 Fast Facts About Garlic:*
- regulates blood sugar levels
- lowers high blood pressure
- contains anti-bacterial and analgesic properties
- helps to lower cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Shallots:*
- 1 cup contains 24% DV of iron
- good source of fiber
- 1 cup contains 11% potassium
- contains more antioxidants than onions
- contains 10% DV of folate
5 Fast Facts About Rosemary:*
- can help improve memory
- contains anti-microbial properties to help fight infections
- good source of dietary fiber
- rich in B vitamins
- excellent source of vitamin A
5 Fast Facts About Himalayan Pink Salt:*
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable pH balance in cells
- controls water levels in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
*These statements have not been evaluated by Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.