I made two different versions for you – “Raw Chia Seed Nut Butter Balls” for my raw friends and “Vegan Chia Seed Peanut Butter Balls” for my vegan friends. They are very similar to my Sesame Seed Peanut Butter Balls and are just as nutritious and easy to make.
If you haven’t noticed, I like to make a lot of snacks in the shape of “balls”!
With two young boys and my need for portion control, bite size “balls” are just right in my home.
You can make these in my standard “ball” shape or even in a “cookie” type shape.
All you have to do for the “cookie” shape is first make the ball shape and then flatten them in the palm of your hand and that will give you a little variety.
The nut butter I chose in the Raw Chia Seed Nut Butter Ball version was organic almond butter.
It made the mixture a little softer so you may have to add a little extra coconut flour to help them hold their shape.
Why are these a good choice for a quick and healthy snack?
There are only 4 wholesome ingredients…coconut flour, chia seeds, nut butter and raw honey (or sweetener of your choice) and they can be made in a matter of minutes with no special equipment.
5 Fast Facts About Coconut Flour:
- has the highest dietary fiber found in any flour at 58%
- 14% coconut oil
- 19% protein
- helps promote blood sugar health
5 Fast Facts About Chia Seeds:
- excellent vegetarian source of omega fatty acids
- easily digestible form of protein
- full of minerals and vitamins
- more anti-oxidants than flaxseed
- excellent source of dietary fiber
5 Fast Facts About Almonds (Almond Butter):
- excellent source of heart healthy fats
- helps lower blood pressure
- rich in anti-oxidants
- helps control blood sugar
- high in magnesium, potassium, iron, zinc and copper
5 Fast Facts About Raw Honey:
- contains anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties
- contains natural anti-oxidants that block free radicals
- super-high in B vitamins: B1, B2, B3, B5 & B6
- promotes restorative sleep
- contains immune boosting anti-viral properties
Raw Chia Seed Nut Butter Balls
Vegan Chia Seed Peanut Butter Balls
Where to Buy: If you have trouble finding any of the ingredients to make this recipe, you can order online from Amazon and have them delivered right to your door: