This Raw Lemon and Goji Berry Cheesecake recipe is a basic raw cheesecake, but with a healthy twist…the goji berry superfood!
I love to add goji berries whenever I can like in my Goji Berry and Hazelnut Cacao Truffles, Coconut and Pecan Granola with Goji Berries or Dark Chocolate Cups with Pistachios and Goji Berries.
How good are goji berries for you?
Here’s a description from the product label on my Nativas Naturals Goji Berries bag:
“Goji berries have been used in Asian herbal medicine for over 5,000 years. This bag contains 100% pure goji berries that are certified organic, kosher, vegan and raw. The goji berry is one of the most nutrient-rich foods on earth. It is a vegetarian form of protein, packed with essential amino acids, rich in Vitamin A and Vitamin C. Goji berries possess over 20 trace minerals and vitamins including zinc, iron, phosphorus, riboflavin (B2), Vitamin E as well as carotenoids, including beta-carotene.”
This is an easy two step recipe – make the crust and make the filling.
If you have ever had a traditional cheesecake, the ingredients contain a lot of dairy and refined sugar.
S.A.D. (Standard American Diet) Traditional Cheesecake Ingredients:
Typical Ingredients: graham cracker crumbs (gmo’s, high fructose corn syrup, processed sugar, etc), refined sugar, refined salt, butter, heavy whipping cream, and cream cheese.
Some even have the sugary strawberry or fake berry toppings loaded with sugar, high fructose corn syrup and food colorings.
This healthier version made with clean, real food ingredients is raw, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, paleo-friendly and contains no refined sugar.
Want more healthy dessert recipes? Check out Vegan No-Bake Chocolate Marbled Pumpkin Cheesecake, Vegan Lemon Blueberry Swirl Cheesecake Squares, Raw Vegan Pumpkin Mini Cheesecakes or my Clean Eating Cookbook with an entire chapter of 20 healthy, clean eating dessert recipes just like this one that you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Goji Berries:*
- high concentration of antioxidants
- 21 trace minerals
- 18 amino acids
- 13% more protein than whole wheat
- high in essential fatty acids
5 Fast Facts About Coconut Oil:*
- super high in lauric acid
- rich in antioxidants
- contains natural microbial and antibacterial agents
- improves metabolism and prevents fatigue
- improves cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Cashews:*
- packed with dietary fiber
- rich in “heart healthy” monosaturated fatty acids
- rich source of minerals
- high in magnesium and copper
- excellent antioxidant
5 Fast Facts About Pecans:*
- contains naturally occurring anti-oxidants
- helps to lower cholesterol
- high quality source of protein
- contains more 19 vitamins and minerals
- excellent source of vitamin E
5 Fast Facts About Maple Syrup:*
- contains manganese and zinc
- super high in anti-oxidants
- helps with inflammation
- 1/4 cup contains more calcium than the same amount of milk
- 1/4 cup contains more potassium than a banana
5 Fast Facts About Lemons (Lemon Juice):*
- extremely alkaline to the body
- balances blood sugar levels
- acts as a blood purifier
- has powerful antibacterial properties
5 Fast Facts About Himalayan Pink Salt:*
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable ph balance in cells
- controls water levels in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
Tip #1: The recipe is enough to make (1) 4-inch mini cheesecake, which is enough for 4 small servings or 2 regular servings.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission.