If you’re ready to avoid store-bought brands in lieu of making your own healthier versions, this recipe for How To Make Homemade Peanut Butter will show you just how easy it can be.
How To Make Homemade Peanut Butter
Here’s why this recipe works – my top 3 reasons:
- Made with 100% organic peanuts
- Takes less than 10 minutes to make
- The only equipment needed is a food processor
Made with 100% Organic Peanuts
You’ll love how the only ingredient in this recipe is 100% organic peanuts – nothing else.
This is by far the cleanest peanut butter you can make.
Buying organic peanuts may not seem important, but non-organic peanut butter can contain up to 8 different pesticides.
Here’s what the ingredient list looks like on a jar of a popular store-bought brand:
S.A.D. (Standard American Diet) Great Value/Walmart Creamy Peanut Butter: Ingredients: Peanuts, Sugar, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil (Rapeseed, Cottonseed, Soybean), Dextrose, Salt, Molasses, Monoglycerides
The other nice thing about it is that you can store it in a glass jar instead of the plastic containers they usually come in.
When making your own, you have control of not only the ingredients but the quality of ingredients, such as buying organic peanuts.
Takes Less Than 10 Minutes To Make
It’s so easy to make this recipe and it only takes about 10 minutes.
The Only Equipment Needed Is A Food Processor
A food processor is a common kitchen appliance and this is all you need to make homemade peanut butter.
How To Make Homemade Peanut Butter: Step-by-Step Instructions
Here is how to make this recipe and I’ll show you with step-by-step instructions below:
Step 1: Add the Peanuts
Firstly, add the peanuts to a food processor.
Process until the mixture is creamy and smooth.
It will take approximately 4-5 minutes for this process to happen.
For example, the peanuts will go through several stages.
- Thick, wet crumbly texture
- Smooth + creamy nut butter
Step 2: Optional Add-Ins
Secondly, there are so many options you can add to your homemade peanut butter.
For example, here are a few options:
- Cacao Powder – for chocolate peanut butter
- Maple Syrup
- Himalayan Pink Salt
- Chopped Peanuts – for a chunky peanut butter
- Coconut Oil – for an extra smooth + creamy peanut butter
Step 3: How To Store Your Peanut Butter
Lastly, store your homemade peanut butter in an air-tight, BPA-free container at room temperature.
For example, I like to use a glass mason jar to store my peanut butter.
Homemade peanut butter should store well up to 4 months.
Expert Tips For How To Make Homemade Peanut Butter
Here are some expert tips to make this recipe perfectly:
Peanuts. The quality of your peanuts is what will make a difference in your homemade peanut butter. For example, try to buy organic, if possible, to avoid pesticides. I like to use organic dry roasted + salted peanuts.
Patience. You will need to have a little patience to make this recipe but you will be greatly rewarded! As the peanuts go through several stages (peanuts –> medium grind texture –> fine smooth texture), you may need to stop every minute or so to help it along.
For example, stop and scrape the sides a couple of times to expedite the processing.
Optional Add-Ins. Once the peanut butter gets to the consistency you prefer, you can add optional add-ins with so many possibilities. Some examples are: coconut oil, Himalayan pink salt, cacao powder, ground cinnamon, vanilla bean powder, peanut pieces for “crunchy” peanut butter, etc.
What Recipes Can I Make With Homemade Peanut Butter?
Here are some of my favorite recipes you can use with your homemade peanut butter:
Plant-Based Vegan Peanut Butter Ice Cream Recipes
Plant-Based Vegan Peanut Butter Cheesecake Recipes
Plant-Based Vegan Peanut Butter Ball + Truffle Recipes
Plant-Based Vegan Peanut Butter Breakfast Recipes
Plant-Based Vegan Peanut Butter Candy Bar Recipes
Plant-Based Vegan Peanut Butter Bars + Squares Recipes
Plant-Based Vegan Peanut Butter Parfait Recipes
Plant-Based Vegan Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie Recipes
Want More Healthy Plant-Based Vegan Staple Recipes?
Check out these:
- Homemade Almond Milk
- Whipped Coconut Cream Topping
- How To Make Tahini
- or my CLEAN EATING Cookbook with 75+ plant-based vegan + gluten-free recipes made with clean, real food ingredients just like this one that you will love!
How To Make Homemade Peanut Butter
- 3 cups organic peanuts (dry roasted + salted)
- Add the peanuts to a food processor and process until smooth and creamy. This process will take approximately 3-5 minutes as the peanuts go through several stages. Stop every minute or so to scrape the side and help it along.
- Optional: Customize your peanut butter with optional add-ins like (1) tablespoon of coconut oil, 1-2 pinches Himalayan pink salt, cacao powder, cinnamon, vanilla bean powder or peanut pieces to make "crunchy" peanut butter.
- Store in an air-tight BPA-free container (like a glass mason jar) at room temperature.