It’s also one of my boys favorite snacks.
A simple banana, peanut butter (or your favorite nut butter) and hemp seeds.
They love them because the are shaped like real sushi slices, which they also happen to absolutely love.
And…they are actually the ones who came up with the name “banana sushi”.
They are just so darn cute too!
You can make them in a matter of minutes and they provide lots of nutrition and energy in a bite-sized snack.
I used organic peanut butter, but you could also just use your favorite nut butter.
We eat so many hemp seeds that I buy the Nutiva brand in bulk in a 3 pound bag.
Hemps seeds are really amazing.
They contain 11 g of raw vegan protein, 25% DV of zinc, 50% DV of magnesium, 50% DV of phosphorus and 15% DV of iron.
I add them to smoothies, raw desserts and try to sprinkle them on whatever I can, especially salads.
5 Fast Facts About Bananas:
- strengthens the immune system
- high in fiber
- helps to lower blood pressure
- aids in weight loss
- helps to combat depression
5 Fast Facts About Peanuts (Peanut Butter):
- excellent source of vitamin E
- high in folate
- contains tryptophan which helps fight depression
- good source of fiber
- excellent source of protein
5 Fast Facts About Hemp Seeds:
- contains healthy inflammatory 3:1 ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 fats
- contains 10 essential amino acids
- 11 g of raw vegan protein
- helps to reduce blood cholesterol
- natural appetite suppressant