This Superfood Fruit Nut and Seed Snack Mix is probably one of the easiest and healthiest snacks to throw together.
I often send a jar of plain cashews or almonds to work with my husband to snack on during the day.
Since my cabinets are full of other goodies like superfoods, nuts, seeds and dried fruit, I decided to upgrade his jar this time and make this addictive power packed snack.
What’s so great about this is you can change it up and add whatever you have on hand, or prefer.
It’s perfect for traveling, taking to work, or just having on hand when healthy snack options aren’t available.
And, I have a feeling his jar will come back to be refilled much sooner than it was before!
5 Fast Facts About Almonds:
- helps to regulate cholesterol and blood pressure
- energy booster
- loaded with calcium and fiber
- 1/4 cup contains 8 grams of vegan protein
- high in anti-oxidants
5 Fast Facts About Cashews:
- packed with dietary fiber
- rich in “heart friendly” mono-saturated fatty acids
- rich source of minerals
- high in magnesium and copper
- excellent source of antioxidants
5 Fast Facts About Sunflower Seeds:
- rich source of vitamin E
- finest source of B complex group vitamins
- incredible source of folic acid
- rich in magnesium
- provides anti-inflammatory benefits
5 Fast Facts About Goji Berries:
- high concentration of anti-oxidants
- contains 21 trace minerals
- contains 18 amino acids
- high in essential fatty acids
- contains 13% more protein than whole wheat
5 Fast Facts About Cacao Nibs:
- excellent source of anti-oxidants
- contains one of the highest dietary sources of magnesium
- one ounce has 9 g of fiber
- one ounce contains 4 g of raw vegan protein
- one ounce contains 6% DV of iron
5 Fast Facts About Dried Mulberries:
- 1 ounce contains 12% DV of fiber
- 1 ounce contains 140% DV of vitamin C
- contains the anti-aging nutrient “resveratrol”
- 1 ounce contains 20% DV of iron
- good source of vegan calcium at 8% dv
5 Fast Facts About Dried Blueberries:
- packed with vitamin C at 25% RDA
- excellent source of dietary fiber
- high in anti-oxidants
- help to boost immunity
- can enhance brain health and improve memory
5 Fast Facts About Coconut Flakes:
- 2 tablespoons contain 4.6 g RDA of dietary fiber
- healthy source of medium-chain fatty acids
- can help to decrease cholesterol
- high in lauric acid
- excellent source of manganese at 60% RDA and iron at 11% RDA
Where to Buy: If you have any trouble finding the ingredients to make this recipe, you can order online from Amazon and have them delivered straight to your door and, you’ll be supporting The Healthy Family and Home website at the same time!
Tip #1: I used a variety of nuts, seeds and dried fruits that I had on hand…feel free to substitute with your own favorites.
Tip #2: This isn’t a very sweet snack mix so if you’d like to add a little sweetness to it, you could add some vegan/gluten-free chocolate chips.
Tip #3: My almonds, cashews and sunflower seeds were all soaked/dehydrated before adding them to the mix.