These Raw Kale Chips with Spicy Peanut Sauce are an easy and healthy recipe made with clean, real food ingredients. They're the perfect plant-based snack recipe made with a dehydrator and can be prepared in under 15 minutes!
Here's Why This Recipe Works
My top 3 favorite reasons:
- Healthy Plant-Based Alternative To Store-Bought Chips
- Can Be Prepared In Under 15 Minutes
- Made With Clean, Real Food Ingredients
You can feel good about making my healthy recipe because it's raw, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, and contains no refined sugar.
Karielyn's Expert Tips + Ingredient Substitutions
Here are some of my expert tips to make this recipe perfectly:
Water: Depending on the consistency of the peanut butter you use, you may need to adjust the amount of water. Start with 1/4 cup and add an additional 1/4 to thin the sauce out, but only as needed.
The sauce should have a semi-thick consistency (not too thin and not too thick) so it will stick to the kale pieces.
Jalapeno: Since the heat of a jalapeno will vary so you can add less or more jalapenos if you prefer.
Avocado Oil: This can be substituted with organic extra-virgin olive oil in the same amount.
Coconut Sugar: You can substitute with your favorite granular sweetener.
Himalayan Pink Salt: This is my salt of preference, however, it can always be substituted with sea salt.
Serving Size: This recipe will make approximately 4 cups of kale chips. Nutritional information is shown for 1/2 cup which is (1) serving.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Other Kind Of Kale Chips Can I Make?
I like to make kale chips using different homemade dressings that I would normally use to make a salad with.
For example, some other kale chip recipes I've made using homemade dressings are:
When you dehydrate the kale and dressing together, it's like having a healthy salad on-the-go.
Just put them in an air-tight container and they're a perfect nutrient-dense lunch or snack for work, a road trip, or even while traveling!
Want More Healthy Plant-Based Snack Ideas?
Check out these:
- Cacao Drizzle Holiday Popcorn
- Roasted Chickpeas with Chipotle and Lime
- Raw Vegan Carrot and Flax Crackers
- or my CLEAN EATING Cookbook with 75+ plant-based recipes made with clean, real food ingredients just like this one that you will love!
Did You Make This Recipe?
I'd love to hear about it! Please give it a rating and leave a comment below...it would make my day! 🙂
Kale Chips with Spicy Peanut Sauce
- 8 cups organic kale (de-stemmed)
For the sauce:
- 1/2 cup organic peanut butter
- 1/4-1/2 cup water (filtered/purified) (filtered/purified)
- 3 tablespoons organic coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon 100% pure avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon organic fresh cilantro
- 2 cloves organic garlic (freshly crushed)
- 1 organic jalapeno
- 1 teaspoon organic red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
Prepare the kale:
- De-stem, or remove the kale from the thick middle stem, then tear the leaves into bite-size pieces.
- Place the kale pieces in a large mixing bowl, then set aside.
Prepare the sauce:
- Add all the ingredients for the sauce to a Vitamix and blend until it's smooth. Depending on the consistency of the peanut butter you use, you may need to adjust the amount of water. Start with 1/4 cup and add an additional 1/4 to thin the sauce out, but only as needed. The sauce should have a semi-thick consistency (not too thin and not too thick) so it will stick to the kale pieces.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings to your preference.
- Pour the sauce on top of the kale pieces and gently stir everything together until all the kale pieces are evenly coated with the sauce.
- Spread the kale onto mesh dehydrator trays (mine filled two Excalibur trays) and dehydrate at 115 degrees for 4-6 hours, flip them over, then dehydrate for an additional 4-6 hours, or until they are completely dry and crispy.
- Store them in an air-tight BPA-free container at all times because they will become soft if they are exposed to moisture in the air.
Hi, I'm Karielyn! I'm the published cookbook author of CLEAN DESSERTS and content creator of The Healthy Family and Home website since 2012. I specialize in creating easy, healthy plant-based recipes that are gluten-free + vegan (with a heavy focus on Medical Medium® compliant) and made with clean, real food ingredients that you can feel good about eating.