Well, today I have a Gluten-Free Vegan Avocado Oil Chocolate Cake recipe to share with you and that means two things.
- It’s my birthday today!
- I had to make my own cake that I could enjoy, so here’s what I came up with.
One of my most favorite birthday treats I’ve made myself in the past, is this Raw Vegan Triple Chocolate Cheesecake recipe. Of course, my birthday treats have to be chocolate!
And I made my son a Vegan Chocolate Birthday Cake several years ago, but it wasn’t gluten-free.
Over the last couple of months, I’ve been experimenting with a new gluten-free vegan flour called “cassava flour“, which is supposed to be a 1:1 substitute for recipes that use regular white flour.
But I haven’t had 100% success with it. It’s really hard to use without eggs so I’ve been having trouble making gluten-free vegan recipes with it.
I won’t tell you how many bags I’ve gone through and they aren’t cheap!
So I decided to try it with a classic “olive oil” cake recipe with some adaptations and substitutions and it came out really good.
It was moist, held together well, and really tasted like real cake.
I made an optional chocolate avocado frosting to go on top and it was perfect.
My only other wish would have been to think ahead and put the inner container of my ice cream maker in the freezer in advance so I could make some Vanilla Bean Ice Cream to go with it.
But this was fine and you probably already have the ingredients to make it on hand, with the exception of the cassava flour, which I buy from here and have it delivered straight to my door.
This healthier cake recipe is made without white flour, eggs, butter, bad oil (canola oil or vegetable oil) and is vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, grain-free, paleo-friendly and contains no refined sugar.
Want more healthy dessert recipes? Check out Gluten-Free Vegan No-Bake Brownie Bottom Turtle Cheesecake, Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Fudge Tarts, Gluten-Free Vegan Hazelnut “Nutella” Ice Cream with Chocolate Chip Cookie Chunks or my Clean Eating Cookbook with 3 entire chapters of healthy, clean eating desserts just like this one that you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Avocado Oil:*
- healthier cooking with smoke point of 500 degrees
- may help reduce the risk of metabolic syndrome
- helps maintain healthy blood sugar levels
- provides protection from cardiovascular disease
- good source of vitamin E
5 Fast Facts About Apple Cider Vinegar:*
- anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal
- maintains proper pH balance in the body
- regulates blood pressure
- helps to reduce bad cholesterol
- loaded with potassium
5 Fast Facts About Himalayan Pink Salt:*
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable pH balance in cells
- controls water levels in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Gluten-Free Vegan Avocado Oil Chocolate Cake
Yield 9 - 12 squares
Vegan / Gluten-Free / Dairy-Free / Egg-Free / Nut-Free / Grain-Free / Paleo-Friendly / No Refined Sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add all the dry ingredients (cassava flour, granular sweetener, baking soda, Himalayan salt) to a medium-sized bowl and stir together until well combined.
- Add the chocolate chips to a small saucepan and melt on lowest heat, stirring the entire time so they don't burn.
- Add the melted chocolate chips and avocado oil to the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Add the water and stir until well combined.
- Add the apple cider vinegar and stir until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to an 8 x 8 baking pan and spread evenly in the pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 30-35 minutes, or until cooked all the way through.
- Allow to completely cool before removing from the baking pan.
Get all your organic ingredients delivered straight to your door at up to 25 - 50% off retail by cutting out the middleman and retail markups with a Thrive Market Membership and save 15% off on your first order.
The recipe and photographs for "Gluten-Free Vegan Avocado Oil Chocolate Cake" by Karielyn Tillman of The Healthy Family and Home website are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives 4.0 International License and cannot be used without my written permission.
Recipe Roundups: Food Bloggers are always welcome to use a photo and a link back to my original post to share on recipe roundups without requesting permission.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Amazon Disclosure: “The Healthy Family and Home” website is a participant in the Amazon Services, LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Thank you for your support of this website!