I try to get as many nutrients in a snack in the most tasty way possible and these Raw Cacao Almond Balls are the perfect example.
I came up with the idea to make these because they include some of the same ingredients I use for my smoothies, so I decided to use them to make balls instead.
They are a great source of protein to keep you satisfied… just a 1/4 cup of almonds has 8 grams of raw, vegan protein and not only does this recipe have 1 cup of almonds, but 1/2 cup of almond butter and 1/4 cup of almond flour.
The hemp seed oil provides a healthy dose of omega-3 and omega-6 fats and you also have the maca powder and cacao superfoods to make this a nutrient-dense snack.
This would be a good recipe to use with homemade almond butter and you can even use your favorite liquid sweetener of choice.
5 Fast Facts About Almonds:
- 1/4 cup contains 8 grams of raw, vegan protein
- help regulate cholesterol and blood pressure
- energy booster
- high in antioxidants
- can reduce the risk of heart disease
5 Fast Facts About Maca Powder:
- increases stamina
- beneficial to the the circulatory system
- can regulate hormonal imbalances
- acts as an anti-carcinogen and anti-oxidant
- enhances memory, learning and mental ability
5 Fast Facts About Hemp Seed Oil:
- raw, organic, unrefined
- contains ideal omega-6 to omega-3 ratios
- contains super omega-3 which helps to metabolize fats
- 500 mg of omega-6 GLA per tablespoon
- 250 mg of omega-3 SDA per tablespoon
5 Fast Facts About Raw Cacao:
- contains over 300 compounds: including protein, calcium, magnesium, copper, zinc and iron
- super high in anti-oxidants
- contains 4 different neurotransmitters that acts as anti-depressants
- contains essential fats
- can help to decrease blood pressure
5 Fast Facts About Raw Honey:
- anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties
- contains immune boosting anti-viral properties
- contains natural antioxidants that block free-radicals
- super high in b vitamins: B1, B2, B3, B5 and B6
- promotes restorative sleep
Where to Buy: If you have trouble finding any of the ingredients to make this recipe, you can order online from Amazon and have them delivered straight to your door:
Tip #1: I don’t like my desserts very sweet so I only added 1 tablespoon of sweetener. If you prefer them a little sweeter, just add another tablespoon of the sweetener of your choice.