I try to get as many nutrients in a snack in the most tasty way possible and these Raw Cacao Almond Balls are the perfect example.
I came up with the idea to make these because they include some of the same ingredients I use for my smoothies, so I decided to use them to make balls instead.
They are a great source of protein to keep you satisfied… just a 1/4 cup of almonds has 8 grams of raw, vegan protein and not only does this recipe have 1 cup of almonds, but 1/2 cup of almond butter and 1/4 cup of almond flour.
The hemp seed oil provides a healthy dose of omega-3 and omega-6 fats and you also have the maca powder and cacao superfoods to make this a nutrient-dense snack.
This would be a good recipe to use with homemade almond butter and you can even use your favorite liquid sweetener of choice.
5 Fast Facts About Almonds:
- 1/4 cup contains 8 grams of raw, vegan protein
- help regulate cholesterol and blood pressure
- energy booster
- high in antioxidants
- can reduce the risk of heart disease
5 Fast Facts About Maca Powder:
- increases stamina
- beneficial to the the circulatory system
- can regulate hormonal imbalances
- acts as an anti-carcinogen and anti-oxidant
- enhances memory, learning and mental ability
5 Fast Facts About Hemp Seed Oil:
- raw, organic, unrefined
- contains ideal omega-6 to omega-3 ratios
- contains super omega-3 which helps to metabolize fats
- 500 mg of omega-6 GLA per tablespoon
- 250 mg of omega-3 SDA per tablespoon
5 Fast Facts About Raw Cacao:
- contains over 300 compounds: including protein, calcium, magnesium, copper, zinc and iron
- super high in anti-oxidants
- contains 4 different neurotransmitters that acts as anti-depressants
- contains essential fats
- can help to decrease blood pressure
5 Fast Facts About Raw Honey:
- anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties
- contains immune boosting anti-viral properties
- contains natural antioxidants that block free-radicals
- super high in b vitamins: B1, B2, B3, B5 and B6
- promotes restorative sleep
Where to Buy: If you have trouble finding any of the ingredients to make this recipe, you can order online from Amazon and have them delivered straight to your door and, you’ll be supporting The Healthy Family and Home website at the same time!
Tip #1: I don’t like my desserts very sweet so I only added 1 tablespoon of sweetener. If you prefer them a little sweeter, just add another tablespoon of the sweetener of your choice.