These Vegan Oven Baked Zucchini Chips are a great alternative to chips or other unhealthy, processed snacks and are not only vegan but gluten-free, grain-free and flourless too.
You could make them in the shape of chips as shown, or even as zucchini fries by cutting them into long strips instead.
They really addictive and have a spicy, cheesy taste to them.
And, if you’d like a healthy dip to go with them, pair it up with my Smoked Paprika Habanero Sauce or Healthy Garlic Cashew Dip.
5 Fast Facts About Zucchini:
- low calorie – about 94% water content
- high in manganese
- helps lower blood pressure
- helps to lower cholesterol
5 Fast Facts About Almonds (Almond Milk/Almond Flour):
- regulates cholesterol and blood pressure
- energy booster
- loaded with calcium, protein and fiber
- high in anti-oxidants
- 1/4 cup contains 8 grams of protein
5 Fast Facts About Nutritional Yeast:
- vegan source of vitamin B-12
- a complete protein and contains 18 amino acids
- boosts immune system
- excellent antioxidant
- contains 15 minerals
5 Fast Facts About Pink Himalayan Salt:
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable ph balance in cells
- controls water levels in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
5 Fast Facts About Cayenne Pepper:
- increases metabolism
- improves high blood pressure
- has anti-fungal properties
- is a circulatory stimulant which aids in detoxification
Where to Buy: If you have trouble finding any of the ingredients to make this recipe, you can order online from Amazon and have them delivered straight to your door:
Tip #1: I wasn’t able to bake mine in the oven as the original instructions stated so I just put mine on a baking sheet directly in the oven. You need to keep an eye on them because they will burn and stick to the bottom of the pan if you leave them in too long. Just watch them closely as every oven is different.
Tip #2: These are best served hot, straight from the oven and will get soft once they cool off.
Tip #3: I sliced the zucchini ~with~ the skin on but you can remove it if you prefer.
Tip #4: I like mine extra spicy so I add a little extra cayenne to my mixture but just adjust the amount to your preference.
Tip #4: Although I don’t do this every single time I make these, you can grind the large flake nutritional yeast in a coffee grinder to give it a fine “Parmesan Cheese” texture if you prefer. Sometimes I just use the large flake and skip this step.